Joke

5 Replies, 1874 Views

@chrisjo

Ah, but this one's an easy joke to tell, because it tells itself whenever the opening plays, because that opening symbolises how much of a joke the franchise has become Wink

(Yes I admit I'm very harsh on AEG, and I'm sure there's people who enjoy it, and that's fair enough, but to me, it just reeks of being a cynical cash-grab that bulldozed the legacy the original series left behind - I have watched AEG to try and give it a fair judgement, I even watched an episode with a young relative of mine, clearly the target audience being 4 and obsessed with Thomas, and he didn't like it either, because he couldn't understand the stories as they were too fast paced for him, and didn't like the designs- I think Mattel haven't realised that a lot of people found an appeal in the laid-back and yet also eventful storytelling of the original that managed to tell a lot in each 5 minutes without feeling the need to be a hyperactive, over the top cartoon. Then again, maybe I'm just an old cynic, and I just don't get what kids these days are into, but whatever, I won't stop people enjoying AEG if they like it ^_^)
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool

Messages In This Thread
Joke - by Slushie - 10-01-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: Joke - by Super - 10-01-2022, 07:43 AM
RE: Joke - by chrisjo - 10-01-2022, 01:16 PM
RE: Joke - by Plarail Man UK - 10-05-2022, 08:18 PM
RE: Joke - by chrisjo - 10-05-2022, 09:35 PM
RE: Joke - by Plarail Man UK - 10-06-2022, 12:55 PM