Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains

279 Replies, 240435 Views

What do you guys think of the flip face Toby?
More and more...Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes NWRMainLineTerminal's post:
  • Super
(09-06-2015, 03:56 AM)NWRMainLineTerminal Wrote: What do you guys think of the flip face Toby?
Flip face Toby is an awsome train, it's design and production values are probably equal to that of Lost & Found Hiro as far as quality. Each are best efforts that surpass any normal release...but although the Copper Mine set was only released in the U.S., Toby is always for sale on eBay and available to the global market..it was sold everywhere in America..Target, Walmart, Sears, Khols, Kmart, ToysRus, And about 50 other chains and mom and pop stores in every city and town across the entire United States...without production numbers I can only guess, but it would be safe to assume that Fisher Price would have produced hundreds of thousands of sets...in the overall range of things you don't see everyday Toby is common.
If you want one just look on eBay and you'll find one, and if it's that easy it can't be considered rare can it?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Muddy I went for 2 years without finding one, it's luck of the draw as they are cheap toys that often end up in landfill instead of being resold for one reason or another. Hundreds of thousands is not that many really compared to say for instance a Thomas where tens of millions are produced.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(09-06-2015, 06:51 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Muddy I went for 2 years without finding one, it's luck of the draw as they are cheap toys that often end up in landfill instead of being resold for one reason or another. Hundreds of thousands is not that many really compared to say for instance a Thomas where tens of millions are produced.

I agree the production numbers aren't in the millions, but the demand must not be that high then because they are always on eBay loose, used sets, and BNIB... So they may be scarce, but it's not rare it see them on eBay either.

Well, after rechecking eBay and seeing that the only Flip face Toby for sale currently on eBay is being offered by twinsmommy who generally deals in the rarities, I suppose maybe Toby's are beginning to run thin..
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 08:01 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
(09-02-2015, 11:04 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Hello everyone...please allow me to retort.
I do not believe in Gold Thomas for the following reasons:
1.I believe it is a one-off or a mod.
2. I have not seen any acompanying box to show it was sold to the general public.
If we are talking about an American speaking Talk'n Action Diesel 10, I have never seen even an image of one (let alone, and most importantly HEARD one), nor any literature, or box art...also ALL the voices for each T'nA train of each language are credited to the actual actor who provides them. NO ONE has ever been credited with providing a voice for an American speaking D10 either, so I also do not believe it exists.
NOR DOES MONTY!!
There are 2 very nice Powerful Gordon's currently listed on Japanese auctions...I have 2, as do several other members possess them...
I have only seen ONE Talk 'n Action Gordon in 6 years of hard core collecting, and there is only a box to show for one online...I have NEVER seen a T'nA Henry, and the Snow Plow set is most elusive!!
That said, the top 3 rarest trains based on TRUE rarity are:
1.T'nA Henry
2. T'nA Gordon
3.D&D Snow a Plow set
Honorable mention to ALFIE

Sorry but what is :

1.T'nA Henry
2. T'nA Gordon
3.D&D Snow a Plow set
Honorable mention to ALFIE

I am not sure on some train names etc so just am curious in case I have one and don't even know it, or if I come across one, I know it lol
TOMY/Plarail Talk N Action magic rail engines, they use the green short pieces of track to perform various emotive responses.

Plarail Donald & Douglas snow plow set.

Trackmaster Motorized Alfie (the pack construction crew's excavator).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I would think that Monty is the rarest road vehicle. I think there has been talk about it being fake here, but Trackmaster Toy Train Village has footage of it being unboxed in his most recent video, " Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure - Calling all characters."
Plarail Bash is also a very rare locomotive, only available in a large set from Japan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(09-08-2015, 09:33 PM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: I would think that Monty is the rarest road vehicle. I think there has been talk about it being fake here, but Trackmaster Toy Train Village has footage of it being unboxed in his most recent video, " Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure - Calling all characters."

If there is an unboxing video of a Monty, then it is the unboxing of the single product that was used for promotional advertising...Monty has NEVER been released to the general public with zero distribution of any kind!!
I will pay ANYONE $100 who can direct me to any supposed source that leads me to aquire one.

I watched it and still don't believe it
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 11:01 PM by MuddyPoppins.)
(09-08-2015, 10:54 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: If there is an unboxing video of a Monty, then it is the unboxing of the single product that was used for promotional advertising...Monty has NEVER been released to the general public with zero distribution of any kind!!
I will pay ANYONE $100 who can direct me to any supposed source that leads me to aquire one.

I watched it and still don't believe it

Is this the one that we are talking about:

https://youtu.be/pOiiv0oQKhg
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1