Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 524697 Views

A short video of the new knock-off bridge after it has been modified to stop the music and to have the lamps operated by the on/off switch and stopped the flashing. Was an easy rewire as I was very pleased to see that after I opened up the bridge it was nicely made on the inside too and they were LED's in very nice holders. A little re-engineering of the layout had to occur as I thought the bridge looked better on the ground than elevated although that can be changed at any time.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, ripley802
Finally! See, this is something that's actually worth "DeThomasizing". However, the lights would've looked better if they flickered, giving the impression of fire illuminating real lamps.
Clean setup Super!Exclamation

We just took ours down. Bored with the setup already LOL Big Grin
Evan wants back the tall towers again.
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
That is a awesome track layout, very nice!
(01-31-2016, 08:13 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: However, the lights would've looked better if they flickered, giving the impression of fire illuminating real lamps.

@DalaGStanator
The flicker lamps is a great idea but not flashing in unison like this was plus they are too bright to look real. They do make flickering LED's. Thanks for the idea as I am going to look into them as long as they aren't too bright.

(01-31-2016, 05:29 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: Clean setup Super!Exclamation
We just took ours down. Bored with the setup already LOL Big Grin
Evan wants back the tall towers again.

@ActionChugger
Thanks AC. Thats what so great about these trains as opposed to the HO scale type trains. Build it, tear it down, put it away, bring it back out again. Can't wait to see what the two of you come up with.

(01-31-2016, 05:48 PM)anc6802 Wrote: That is a awesome track layout, very nice!

@Anc6802
Thank you.
Finished a long time working on train. My processing for modifications from idea, designing, implementing to completion can take months. This one has taken over six months. Taking a Den, I didn't want to repaint it so looking at pictures Online it looked that Dens color was similar to ConRails's, well, except for the orange roof. Painting that would prove to be quite difficult so I left it as is.

Modifications include...

Front and Rear grille panels
Front and Rear metal hand rails
Black wheels
Front facing cab windows
Front and Rear Metal Buffers
Conrail Logo Decals

[Image: 003_zps6sqp7srf.jpg]

[Image: 038_zpst2emqd5y.jpg]

[Image: 040_zpsmfpenxcz.jpg]

[Image: 045_zps1wys4qrc.jpg]

[Image: 043_zps0bxjwb8s.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, anc6802, HankAmericanEngine, ripley802, Tramp, Ucwepn
Great job super, very smart and those grills are perfect, it almost looks like a factory job! Can you tell me about the side rods? Did you add them or are they the standard ones? Do they move or are they cast?
It looks Fantastic, I'm looking forward to your next video when I can see it in action!
Thanks Tramp

The side rods are part of the chassis and do not move although that would be cool. There was two Trackmaster releases of Den as far as I know, one with unpainted black rods and one with orange painted rods.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • anc6802
That looks awesome, very nice job! Are the steel grab handles/pipe bent finishing nails? Also the decals are very nice, are those HO scale?
Thanks Anc

The grab bars were made from wire picked up from my local Hobby Shop. They have all different thicknesses and pretty cheap as I probably will never use all that came bundled together. And Yes, The decals are from two different sets of HO Scale from MicroScales. I have tons of waterslide decals from them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)