Need help : Pick and Play MOD

6 Replies, 10895 Views

Hi

I tried to swap a stronger torque motor to this series, so they can run a bit more smooth on different brand wooden tracks. But I was surprised by how difficult to open it, can anyone give me some insight?

Test subject: Percy
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.07.40_zpsukdcz69o.jpg]

First difficult: triangle screws! I finally able to order a 2mm triangle screw driver to open it. You can also grind a nail or triangle needle file to make it work.
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.08.41_zpsfeiramwo.jpg]

Open:
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.09.18_zps7pilaw7u.jpg]

Open 2:
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.11.20_zpsxb8laj49.jpg]

Here is where I got stuck. I remove both screws that put the housing together, but I cannot remove the wheel! It seems I must destroy the wheel in order to open the entire chassis.
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.12.01_zpsa6yqkqd2.jpg]

Further, there is a circuit board on top of the motor also surprised me. Not sure if you can see from below picture:
[Image: 2016-06-15%2000.28.18_zps8p7ghgke.jpg]

Anyone has any tool in mind or guess how the manufacturer's worker did it? Did they glue the wheels to the axis or did they force fit it? Put it in a freezer? Any suggestions?
I'm sorry I can't help you, but I have one question: what is a Pick and Play?
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
I'd say the axles are a press on interference fit but I could be wrong, those woodens are meant for younger children so they may be interference fit and glued. The only way to find out would be to pull one off, remember there will be a gear on each axle too that may interfere with removing the 2 halves of the shell.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, lee
These battery powered engines are not called "Pick and Play". Believe it or not, but they actually belong to the Wooden Railway system (even though there is no wood in them).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • lee
Is correcting him on the name of the range really helping his situation? lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • lee
(06-15-2016, 02:21 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: These battery powered engines are not called "Pick and Play". Believe it or not, but they actually belong to the Wooden Railway system (even though there is no wood in them).

I believe you. Big Grin
(06-15-2016, 08:57 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Is correcting him on the name of the range really helping his situation? lol

Sure o3o
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)