Fisher Price Minis Invade Japan?

10 Replies, 14676 Views

Looks like Suzukawa is also getting into the Minis fever in her latest YouTube Video...

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, sunhuntin
It was bound to happen Smile

Shame we don't have Tomy equivalents, they'd probably do a Thomas/Godzilla cross-over Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I am curious if this is a great marketing ploy by Fisher Price or not. Contact Suzukawa who is a very well known reviewer of the Plarail/Tomica/Tomy products in Japan and send her all free Fisher Price Minis to show on her site and I suppose there to be a nice financial package to go along with it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
to my knowledge, the minis have always been available in japan. there are pics on the wiki of japanese checklists and mall displays featuring huge, theme-park sized "minis".

i think suzukawa has just finally bitten the bullet, or waited until she had a good number to review properly. i would like to know where those cards she at the end came from. in the bags, maybe? but she pulled the checklist out of one and no card.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 02:09 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Maybe in Japan there are Thomas trading cards as well, they love their trading cards, almost more than the Americans used to. Over here in the UK they seem to have tailed off in recent years from the zenith in the 90's...
(06-18-2016, 01:06 PM)Nigels Wrote: Maybe in Japan there are Thomas trading cards as well, they love their trading cards, almost more than the Americans used to. Over here in the UK they seem to have tailed off in recent years from the zenith in the 90's...

Funny thing is I had Thomas Trading Cards from a vending machine at a bowling alley I went to over Summer Recreation about a year or two ago. I was hoping they'd be the same ones that were discontinued supposedly so many years ago, but they weren't. The wiki was lacking pictures of these new CGi, Steam Team themed cards and the stickers and foils that came with them, but sadly I've lost them, it seems.

The old Thomas trading cards I've never had, and have never actually seen face-to-face, but they existed, although I don't think they were in Japan. The cool thing about them is that almost every character was there, even ones that were never even mentioned in the show. The cards used promo art of the characters, so the ones that didn't have any already had weird new illustrations that are actually just funny to look at.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Too bad there's no cure for Mini Fever... but who cares? I love minis!
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(06-19-2016, 08:12 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Too bad there's no cure for Mini Fever... but who cares? I love minis!

Don't look at the thread about the Bandai Shortys then or you'll get hooked on them too Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin
(06-19-2016, 08:12 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Too bad there's no cure for Mini Fever... but who cares? I love minis!

The cure for me is knowing my parents wouldn't approve.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(06-19-2016, 09:19 PM)Miksolo Wrote: The cure for me is knowing my parents wouldn't approve.

Well, my cure is that I need to move soon, so not many Minis will be bought by me.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.