Jauce got me good

44 Replies, 47874 Views

I was finally able to ship my Jauce stuff today. And it only cost... $129 to ship (Counting the nearly $25 debt I was in on the site).
T_T
(My Father helped me out though. ;3) I didn't ended up getting much Plarail, or even much Thomas stuff, as I was frequently outbid on the items I wanted, but maybe next time I'll be able to get more (If there is a next time that is...). I'll post a picture and/or video when the items when they arrive in 1-3 months.

One of the best pieces of advice I got was from Super, "Start small with one or two items to learn the fee's" and such, yet, like Thomas the Tank Engine, I thought, "Never mind that, I know quite well what I'm doing", and spent nearly $310 total on 19 items causing much "Confusion and Delay".
Another great piece of advice I got, was "Don't buy items you can buy in America", and I mostly followed this, apart from buying a pack of two Red Plarail Express Coaches for $6-ish, not counting shipping, bank fees, etc., which I thought was still a good deal none-the less. I'll come back here again later on, when I need help fixing that station, which nearly doubled the shipping bill. Thanks.

-Thomas Blue
[-] The following 2 users Like ThomasBlue's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
You got your feet wet so to speak and have been bitten by the “Japan auction” big I am afraid..Big Grin

Can’t wait to see what all you got and if some of he things were large lots you can always sell of an item or two to recoup some of the costs.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Nice Job Blue!
Don't feel bad, it's definitely a learning process!
Lately I've really been looking at the location of the seller from the location of their warehouse, and checking each sellers shipping cost...especially on small purchases. A lot of sellers have started to include free shipping, but others sometimes, depending how remote their shipping location is, can really put the hurt on a small 900¥.
(BIN900¥+BF300+200JF+SP1800=3200¥!!)
....and that's without shipping!
Looking forward to seeing what you got!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Yeah, most of the shipping have been fairly cheap in Japan. My biggest regret certainly is not ordering more than a few trains, but I look forward to ordering again. Originally, I was going to get only Thomas, but then I remember other programs I like that are mainly in Japan, and ordered stuff there two. I certainly look forward to my package arrival.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThomasBlue's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super
Ay, quick question. Jauce said shipping was about 14000 yen. And I put in the shipping order. My balance is now.

[Image: bbb.png]

And my shipping order says this.

[Image: ggg.png]

Does that mean my shipping was a lot cheaper, and that this is still "spending money", or will this be deducted in the next day or two? The last thing on the transaction list is adding 140000 yen to my account, but as you can see, my current balance is different. What's up with that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasBlue's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Surface mail.... that means it'll come on a boat. You're gonna be waiting 2-3 months for everything to arrive if you're lucky. Try seeing if you can get it changed.
I would change it, but SM was supposedly $125, and the next level up was just under $200. I'm not paying $200 for shipping. Anyway, do you or anyone know about why my balance is still like that?
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 10:52 PM by Super.)
(02-01-2018, 10:50 PM)ThomasBlue Wrote: I'm not paying $200 for shipping.

Just my 2 cents, $200 is cheap compared to some of my shipments.. Dodgy it is painful, but there are downsides to surface mail. I hope it all works out for you. I am not sure on the account thing. Have you tried to message Jauce?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
No insurance either, means NO INSURANCE!!
Quite a risk to leave it all on a boat in someone else's hands for that long without insurance:/
Yes I do hope it all works out!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Oh dear, I never thought about insurance, but I can't exactly push the shipping to be quicker, unless I message Jauce and they say otherwise. Thanks though.

Ah, they just literally charged me. And I now only have 108 yen left. SM it is then.

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018, 12:12 AM by ThomasBlue.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasBlue's post:
  • MuddyPoppins