Wooden Railway Customs

13 Replies, 17069 Views

Does Anyone Have Any Custom Ideas For Me To Make?
Should I name one or several?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 02:29 PM by Super.)
go ahead and tell me them all!
I've looked at your (massive) collection first so I could see what you do or don't have before suggesting anything. Apart from your OCs, do you also intend to make versions of existing items you don't have, or ones that were never made?

Update: You should make a thread for your own collection (preferrably including photos) so I could know what your actual options are, since I saw OttawaQ's and thought it was yours. My bad.
well i am thinking of making characters from the railways of lancashire. (albert and david from oliver, diana from diesel, ark from paxton, immingham from any 4-6-0 tender locomotive i can get my hands on, (has to have a belpaire firebox)
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheP725's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(03-20-2019, 04:23 PM)TheP725 Wrote: any 4-6-0 tender locomotive i can get my hands on, (has to have a belpaire firebox)

There are no wheel arrangements in Wooden Railway. The vehicles only have either four, six or eight wheels, and most of them have the same wheel size (diameter). Emily, Stephen, Molly, Flying Scotsman, Big City Engine and a few others also have one size larger, but that's it. Also, in cases where physical alterations are needed/recommended, don't be afraid to cut up other models and use parts from them (much more professional than using clay or something else that wouldn't fit).
i'll simply cut off the smoke deflectors off of big city engine and attach a fowler tender to him, then i'll paint the tender a lighter shade of green, and same with BCE. i'll also paint oliver light blue and paint his wheels black to make albert, and if i get a extra oliver, i'll make david by painting oliver red and painting his wheels black.

the reason i need a fowler tender and big city engine is because immingham is a LNER B4 class, and the B4 had tenders that somewhat resembled fowler tenders
[Image: 300px-Mexborough-Locomotive-Depot-geogra...Brooks.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 01:49 PM by Super.)
why is nobody replying?
(03-23-2019, 12:43 PM)TheP725 Wrote: why is nobody replying?
To be honest, I got confused. For example I couldn't see any obvious connection between the Railways of Lancashire (aka London, Midland and Scottish Railway / LMS) and the locomotive 'Immingham', a London and North-eastern Railway (LNER) Class B4 (ex Grand Central Railway / GCR Class 8F), whose class operated (almost) exclusively between Yorkshire and London.

It would probably make things easier for the rest of us, who are less familiar with your subject than you obviously are, if you gave us a bit more information on the identities of Albert, David, Diana and Ark?  I started by Googling 'Diana', but gave up trying to figure out which 'Diana' you were talking about?
albert is a blue 14xx/jinty hybrid, diana is a class 08 in british rail blue, ark is a class 08 painted red with a yellow stripe (he's basically just paxton but red). david is a red GWR 14xx

and for your information, the company from the series is called the south lancashire railway
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 03:58 AM by Super.)