Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 527695 Views

That's really awesome!

(Apart from that guy lying face down on the tracks - somebody call security!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Thanks Finno, unfortunately we have had a fatality within the tunnel.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Need Opinions on the road track. In the pictures you can see that on the left side of the road is Dark Gray Track and on the right side is light gray, which looks better to you?

[Image: 006.jpg] [Image: 008.jpg] [Image: 009.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
Aesthetically I like the light grey as it makes everything consistent. However the dark track also makes it obvious which track is road and which is rail. I'm also curious why the dark track appears to have what looks like kerbs while the lighter grey doesn't.

BTW - Nice use of the billboard Super Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Good point Nigels about telling the difference between road and rail in the Layout. One thing that I noticed is that the Light gray road pieces looked good on a lighter background whereas the dark grey doesn't stand out as much on the dark green landscape carpet.

The Road pieces are the same Nigels, no difference except for the color.

Yes, the Nigels Station (Billboard) looks great, can't wait to do the full customization on it.

[Image: sss.jpg]
darker road plates are better.  

Also will you be crawling under the table just to access the tracks or tracks that are located in the middle of the table?
(04-28-2019, 07:48 PM)Super Wrote: Good point Nigels about telling the difference between road and rail in the Layout. One thing that I noticed is that the Light gray road pieces looked good on a lighter background whereas the dark grey doesn't stand out as much on the dark green landscape carpet.

The Road pieces are the same Nigels, no difference except for the color.

Yes, the Nigels Station (Billboard) looks great, can't wait to do the full customization on it.

[Image: sss.jpg]
Ah, in the original pictures the light grey pieces didn't seem to display the kerbs, it looked like you just had a smooth edge to it.  I see what you men about the darker grey not standing out as much, I'm not sure if this is good or bad Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I like the dark grey road for the contrast between road and rail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
@Leyland
Heavens no, the biggest reason for this change in Layouts is to get me off of bending down to the floor, so there will be no need for crawling here as I am not getting any younger and I may not be able to get back up. I can easily reach all areas of this system. Couple reasons for the separated areas and a gap and span is for being able to easily vacuum the carpet under the tables which was a big downfall of the floor level Layout. A chance for a lot of better angles for video filming and a chance to sit a chair in the middle and having the trains running on 3 sides of me. Also the area under the table is a nice space to keep a few plastic storage containers holding items I need to get to easily.

I am leaning on the Dark Gray side also. I think the light gray would have looked good on the old layout because of the lighter colored carpet but it stands out too much on the dark green.
Super it is looking great so far, can't wait to see the finished product ( i know it will take awhile to complete  Big Grin).  I like the dark grey as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super