Will this work?

11 Replies, 12254 Views

Hi All,

Really want a good bridge for our set. Will the one on eBay here work with the blue track or are there better ones to look for?

Thanks,

Edd

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thomas-the-ta...SwM6FcBolL
It would obviously depend on the size and type of bridge you would want. Before we suggest anything, please show us a layout design first (built or proposed).
It may work but it looks like the tracks are the original dark blue and the red risers are from that era and may be taller than the regular yellow blue track ones. Check this one out which spans two length of blue track and can be converted to a double wide, Bridge
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(05-10-2019, 12:14 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: It would obviously depend on the size and type of bridge you would want. Before we suggest anything, please show us a layout design first (built or proposed).

Lol, I wish I knew, more importantly will it work with the light blue track?

(05-10-2019, 12:17 PM)Super Wrote: It may work but it looks like the tracks are the original dark blue and the red risers are from that era and may be taller than the regular yellow blue track ones. Check this one out which spans two length of blue track and can be converted to a double wide, Bridge

Thanks Super, I assume you can just put 2 rails on the same bridge side by side? I also like the look of this, can it be made double?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tomy-Trackmas...3643762303
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 01:01 PM by Super.)
Yes, that Green Suspension Bridge will work. It actually is about 35" long (4 track lengths) and another track can be run underneath. I have several of these and are one of my favorites. You will also need the sloped track to rise up 3" but they should be easily found if you don't have them already.
Cheers Super, sorry for all the Qs as a newbie!!! Can the green one be made double? Does the double track fit on the same bridge as a singe or do you modify it further? I have ordered some double pieces
Edd
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 01:00 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes jonesejm's post:
  • Super
We love questions here so don't worry about asking. We all were at a point of not knowing at one time. I have learned everything I know from asking questions here of members at BPT's.

The green bridge can not be made into a double wide only above and below. The red bridge is made to be either a single wide or double wide. Its just moving to two top pieces and the one bottom piece in a different direction and they just snap on and off. You will need double wide yellow risers if you go with the double wide option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
the only concern i have is the slope.  the light blue slope track is shorter than the dark blue so the slope grade may be an issue.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 09:44 PM by Super.)
the red risers are too tall for the light blue slopes to reach without being almost vertical. the only way to use the red would be to use the step blocks in a spiral to raise the height gradually.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
i wonder if you replace the red risers with standard yellow risers.