Chrisjo's 'What I Bought'

6 Replies, 7614 Views

I'm rather pleased with these two that I found on Ebay UK as buy-it-nows within a few minutes of them being posted, and priced about the same as any regular boxed Tomica World / Hypercity 3-car. We don't often see Plarail sets like this on Ebay UK. They arrived today and appear to be BNIB as advertised.

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Top: Keio Rail-Land Special Limited Edition Keio 6000 series (Keio Rail-Land is a museum), issued in 2000
Bottom: Limited Edition Odakyu 9000 series, also issued 2000

In fact the mouldings are identical, just the colours and stickers are different.

Edit 10-Feb-21: issue dates revised, per Plarail Museum
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Super
Wow, I don't think I have seen boxes like that before. Maybe a site specific Limited Edition? Nice going Dr Chris
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Nice models - well done Chris! Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
These are fantastic. I haven't seen those trains before either (or that packaging). Can you do me a favour and share front and back photos of the packaged trains? It's for a little project I'm working on that I will share with you.

Cheers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Oh wow, those are very nice! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
(05-29-2019, 11:55 PM)Finno Wrote: Can you do me a favour and share front and back photos of the packaged trains? It's for a little project I'm working on that I will share with you.
Sounds like a big little project to me. Happy to help.............

[Image: DSC04298.jpg]
Text on the front of this box is: 京王れーるランド特別限定品京王6000系
which translates as: Keio Rail Land Special Limited Edition Keio 6000 Series
and you can see it on amazon.jp here

[Image: DSC04305.jpg]
Text on the front of this box is: 小田急9000形
which translates as: Odakyu 9000 form
and you can see it on amazon.jp here

The top ends of the boxes are sealed with sticky tape and incorporate the usual slide-out yellow hanger, but there's no sign there's ever been any tape on the bottoms of them.
[Image: DSC04300.jpg]

Here they are unboxed
[Image: DSC04301.jpg]

I need to do more research before I can be sure of an issue date for these, but I see that on the backs of the boxes, bottom right-hand corner, it says '98.10月現在, which means 'as of October 1998', and could be a clue!
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
Brilliant thanks! PM'd you.