My Little Layout - By Finno

86 Replies, 65608 Views

I love it. A one of a kind imaginative costing next to nothing work of art. I like how you just didn't stick signs to the building but had them extended out. Did you use toothpicks for that? Gives the buildings more of a 3D look. I like the idea, it would be a great context of who could make the neatest Layout by only using things that were trashed, found or just lying around to create only using ones imagination with those items.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(06-05-2019, 11:49 AM)Super Wrote: I like how you just didn't stick signs to the building but had them extended out. Did you use toothpicks for that?

Yes they are toothpicks! If you look at pictures of Tokyo you see they use a lot of vertical signs sticking out from buildings. I was using that as a guide in my mind. Like this:
[Image: dcb8a13fe94599586f26c5352c2433e5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
It shan't be around for much longer, so for prosperity, I present to you: Town & Country.

[-] The following 5 users Like Finno's post:
  • AOF04, Engineer Bob, Nigels, Off The Rails, Super
I really like how the layout is coming along. Are you having to dismantle it? Anyway, thanks for posting the video!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
Oh that is really nice. I like how the windows in your custom high rise buildings 'glow' like the lights are on in the offices and apartments and the high resolution is fantastic. What camera are you using if I may ask?
  • Finno
Believe it or not it's my phone camera. Huawei Mate 10 Pro, set to 4K (3840x2178 at 29fps). 5 minutes creates about 1.2GB mp4 file.
[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super
Got the itch this weekend to change my little layout so pulled it down and rebuilt as Megacity 1. 

I got 4 train lines running in a tight space. Here's some pics to give you an idea. 

[Image: megacity001.jpg]

[Image: megacity002.jpg]

[Image: megacity003.jpg]

[Image: megacity004.jpg]

[Image: megacity005.jpg]

[Image: megacity006.jpg]

[Image: megacity007.jpg]

[Image: megacity008.jpg]

[Image: megacity009.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
Wow, you really did work a lot into a small Layout Finno, great job. I see lots more PlaKids around and I love the J-25 station with the Platforms attached area. This is some nice work, will we see a video of it in action?
  • MuddyPoppins
(08-18-2019, 12:58 PM)Super Wrote: will we see a video of it in action?

Yes sir! I'm just test running my new RunCam engine - hope to have some rail level video once I do some tuning.

[Image: IMG-20190818-233041.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190818-233059.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(08-18-2019, 12:06 PM)Finno Wrote: Got the itch this weekend to change my little layout so pulled it down and rebuilt as Megacity 1. 

I got 4 train lines running in a tight space. Here's some pics to give you an idea. 

[Image: megacity001.jpg]

Very nice. I hope the paramedics responded to the person who passed out at the bottom of the staircase lol.  

On a serious note, where did you get the blue staircase?
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno, Super