Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1142853 Views

good luck. Hopefully plarail doesn't use rivet to rivet the face into the body like the trackmaster 2 does.  Gustavo sort of reminded of Bear.

Speaking of modification, i wonder if I can swap out the wheel from trackmaster 2 rolling stock into the traditional tomy ones.  I probably have some extra after I scrapped several non working tender engines.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 12:29 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(10-05-2019, 11:32 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Rekp

I am not sure of the names for those items.

see my previous post
(10-05-2019, 11:36 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: ...the blue engine's name (looks like a diesel) is Gustavo. 
Electric. US built (General Electric) 'Little Joe' Class EF-4/EP-4.

Gustavo represents one of the ones that went to Brazil:

[Image: image.png]  [Image: image.png]
What a beast!

(10-05-2019, 11:36 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: As for Thomas, it appears to be a 75th anniversary set.
That puts Thomas' creation as 1944, which is somewhat contentious but I'm not going to argue. At 75 years old though, you'd have thought he might have become somewhat less of a cheeky little know-it-all brat by now!

They may get old and creaky, but they never grow up (looks in mirror).
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 11:16 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

I wonder if double headed Gustavo is electric or Diesel in the show?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 12:31 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
It looks very similar to the Locomotive below.  I am not big fan of real locomotives. I believe it is built by GE as well.  

[Image: 484.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 12:32 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris, that certainly answers my question. I wasn't aware that there are overhead electrical wires on Sodor but then again I don't know too much about the series.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Gustavo isn't on Sodor . Thomas meets him in Brazil on his travels .
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 07:56 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Super
(10-06-2019, 11:11 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: It looks very similar to the Locomotive below.  I am not big fan of real locomotives. I believe it is built by GE as well.  

[Image: 484.jpg]

That’s an EMD F series, probably an F7 or F9.

EDIT: Wikipedia says it’s an F9. There’s filter opening in front of the forward porthole window that’s supposed to distinguish the F9 from earlier versions. Most of the important differences are internal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but every TrackMaster set and track pack since January 2019 has come with redesigned 60-degree curves and curved switches, similar to Thomas Wood, where it takes only 6 to make a full circle (or 3 to make a half circle) versus the standard 45-degree curves which take 8. Straight tracks also come in only one length now.
Another brilliant cost cutting measure from Fisher-Price!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • MuddyPoppins