Tomy Following Trackmaster???

6 Replies, 15600 Views

Is Tomy following Trackmasters lead. Saw this new set at Japan Yahoo, look how small the rolling stock are. Except for that nice looking Express Coach the other cars look like the new Trackmasters. Even Thomas looks small from this angle.

[Image: rrt_zpsf51e601d.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(10-14-2014, 06:09 PM)Super Wrote: Is Tomy following Trackmasters lead. Saw this new set at Japan Yahoo, look how small the rolling stock are. Except for that nice looking Express Coach the other cars look like the new Trackmasters. Even Thomas looks small from this angle.

[Image: rrt_zpsf51e601d.jpg]

Those are Tomica Thomas not Plarail Thomas. They are Diecast non motorized vehicles the size of matchbox cars Smile
(10-14-2014, 07:12 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: Those are Tomica Thomas not Plarail Thomas. They are Diecast non motorized vehicles the size of matchbox cars Smile

Thank goodness for that. I was worried for a moment. Thank you Gerisplarail1 Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
The Tomica Thomas stuff have a lot of good detail on them, there used to be a lot more of it.

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tom.../index.htm

I really don't think Tomy and Fisher-Price are even aware of what actual products the other company makes.
Thanks for the info and the link Jdog

How do you know its Tomica since I don't see that on the box or is that what the red box says in the upper left corner? I would find it hard to believe that big companys like them are not aware of the same products from another company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(10-14-2014, 10:31 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks for the info and the link Jdog

How do you know its Tomica since I don't see that on the box or is that what the red box says in the upper left corner? I would find it hard to believe that big companys like them are not aware of the same products from another company.

the red box on the left upper corner is the Japanese symbol for Tomica.
I am sure they are aware of each others products but Tomy would never follow in the treacherous footsteps of Fisher Price!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
The red box is the Tomica logo. I know that there used to be a specific Tomica Thomas logo as well but I think Takara Tomy stopped using it this year since I can't see it on the new products anymore.

I don't really know as much as you do on what the actions of the companies are, but I don't believe there is a friction between the two at all, remembering how you once asked if Takara Tomy and Mattel were competitive with products, just maybe something which had to spawn the Motorized Railway range and the TrackMaster ReMaster.