Unrecorded Phantom Gems

158 Replies, 116100 Views

I think the white rails came from here:
The station has grooves on the rails, so I might safely estimate that it came from here.
[Image: 666666.png]

A safer estimate would be from here, but with that Plarail logo and red TOMY logo, there is a good chance that the set was made in Japan or Thailand.

[Image: Untitled.png]

The grey rails are still under investigation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
We all know that the existing phantom gem: Melody D-51, exists.
But Plarail Museum has stated that it was SL-02, but we have finally seen a SL-06 Melody D-51, and SL-06 is nowhere found in the museum. We will find out what really is SL-02 then.

[Image: 1111.png]
  • Super
Sorry, these were supposed to be here. I wasn't paying attention.

(03-20-2020, 05:41 AM)Vio Wrote: Disclaimer: Images are not mine.

Not a vehicle, sorry to disappoint. Ranch Set, 1970. is not recorded in the Plarail Museum, and it has surfaced to social media just yesterday after 50 odd years.

It disappeared after only 5 months in 1970, and no records are found anywhere. To get this catalogue image, you need to attend a venue during the early 1970s. Whats even more scary is that the house blocks from the phantom gem Project X theme made it's final appearance here. Also the beloved sakura trees that were described as a "mirage" made it's first and only appearance in this set. So it is a phantom gem within a phantom gem.

This is a very hidden Phantom Gem in Plarail and it is definitely even more rare than up to half of the recorded Phantom Gems. It is so rare, that no one during this time recalled the original packaging. This is the only Plarail which packaging is unknown even until today. This set is estimated to be 70000 yen for an incomplete set as shown below. It is said that most Plarail collectors never heard of this set before, and the minority who knew about the set would go all the way to collect each individual junk condition piece to recreate the set. The house blocks, pink sakura tree and the 4 ranch girders are the ultimate rarities. This journey of collecting made many collectors cry on their blogs.

This is the first ever recorded English source of the Ranch Set, this post.

[Image: ETegq-HPVAAASr-Pt.jpg]

[Image: ETegq-HQVAAAp-EJM.jpg]

And finally the catalogue image of the ranch set. That took a long time to find. The catalogue itself is a phantom gem, where almost no surviving copies are kept. Someone excavated the only surviving copy today just 2 hours ago.

[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Never seen before 2nd generation Red White Hikari-Go Set, 1968/1969 (we do not know exactly, but for sure 68/69 because of 2nd generation Red White Hikari-Go). Not found in Plarail Musuem. Our team and an allied warehouse owner will bid full force on this so prepare to see it's final price to be more than 60000 yen. We will win this for sure, so we declare a bid war here.

[Image: i-img1200x900-15897153760pfmmp189029.jpg][Image: i-img1200x900-1589715376sqhxn3189029.jpg]
  • Super
I saw that one....go get em Vio
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
We will not lose, for the sake of our research. If we win this, we will successfully obtain all 68/69 Red White Hikari-Go Sets in existence until an unknown one appears in the future.
  • Super
Oops, it is actually 1972, G-19. I did not see that side label. Red White 2nd Generation Hikari-Go was still manufactured in 1972, I overlooked it.
  • Super
Does that mean the Team is not going to pursue it anymore?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Still will pursue, it is an unknown set not found in the internet when the set name is looked up. Must be out of the catalogue range.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Finno, Super