TrackMaster Bert & Arry Chinese knockoffs

30 Replies, 17705 Views

(10-28-2020, 11:54 AM)Mister No Wrote: I don't have them, but the "unbranded" Bert & Arry look like this (picture from eBay):

However, there is little if any control over which face you'll get. I have two of these copies with Bert stamped on the chassis, but one has one face and one has the other. In the picture above 'Arry is on the left, and Bert on the right.

These are the genuine article (per Motorized Wiki again):

'Arry
[Image: arry.png]

Bert
[Image: bert.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
(10-28-2020, 12:11 PM)chrisjo Wrote: However, there is little if any control over which face you'll get. 

They are selling them as a Arry + Bert Set too; I suppose buying them in a set assures you don't get two Arrys or two Berts... Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super
@Chrisjo
Must be just me again but I can't see your pictures

@Mr-No
That picture clearly shows how the faces are removable as opposed to the first Diesel version. Thanks
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
YES SUPER!!!
I just realized this last night!
I was re-reading this thread, because I’m about to receive the counterfeit Dodge with the removable face and flat drive, and I realized that these too are made the same way!
Then I read that the faces were difficult to get paired up, so I ran to go and inspect the ones that I made this thread from, and sure enough they also have the removable faces, AND I was lucky enough to get a true pair!
I’m going to include them in tomorrow’s video.
Now it’s funny that my “detective work” on the shells seems more like going to investigate a fire, while being oblivious and passing by the guy holding a match. Lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I have some of these in my collection, thyre just as good as the originals, better than Mattel nowadays.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
@Trainboy 90 productions, Still I would rather stay away from them. It's justs better to buy the real thing in my opinion.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Despite that; They're the closest you can get to the Pre 2014 Trackmaster locomotives besides Plarail, I've bought some for customs as the real things are just too rare to do so. Plus they're good runners too.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 06:22 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes they are great for customs though.
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I must say it again: these Chinese TrackMasters are getting better and better before our eyes. Good old FP engines are being reborn. I really hope they'll make more Thomas & Friends engines in the future, because they are a perfect replacement for the new spiky wheels Mattel models that are made not to run on blue tracks!! They are the light at the end of the tunnel!

Yes, they are counterfeits today, but they are so good (way better than new Mattel engines) they may as well be a new brand of blue rails engines tomorrow! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super
@Mister No, Yes you're right, but for now, these counterfeits are just a game of hit and miss. I have a Bash that has a rubbish motor and some parts are dodgy. One interesting thing I noticed about counterfeits is that they often have very wonky eyes. This is also true for my Bash.
  • Mister No, Super