All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187562 Views

[Image: NEW-THOMAS.jpg]

Here are some Thomas 2021 Reboot news... Thomas is flying, jumping over the Moon, all the characters look like narrow gauge engines, except Gordon, who is now a father figure, and there is a new character - Kana (a Shinkansen?). So the new "core" characters are Thomas, Percy, Nia, Kana and... Diesel? What will happen to others? Most importantly though: how will this kind of reboot effect the future models? Season 25 is scheduled for October, so the time will tell, I suppose...

My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, Super
Horrific
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, GreatGordonFan, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Future products, I can see them bringing back characters like Diesel into the Plarail lineup since he's part of Thomas' core group of friends, I don't think they'll change existing characters for around a few years. They probably won't change any of the toy designs while they wait for results on the reboot. If it does well, which several people are expecting it to tank, they'll change toy designs. If it tanks they won't change toy designs and it'll probably end up as a merch franchise. Bachmann also will NOT be changing their designs to reflect those of the reboot.

As for the new group of engines, I just want to point out that the new Kana character was basically stolen from Twitter user MerciResolution who drew/created an original character called Kohana back in 2017 with the White & Purple color scheme with Yellow eyes. For other engines like Edward, Henry, Toby, & Duck they're probably long gone and will never appear again. Characters like James, Emily, and Rebecca will most likely be portrayed as teenage/adult engines/trains while Gordon's gonna be the dad train. As for Topham he's basically just gonna appear as comedic foil and be the only human.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 4 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Wow, could it really be true that they may have copied a new engine design from someone in 2017? My logical mind has to say that as a big company they would certainly make sure that something new is totally imagined by the team but................could it be that a team member had seen the original and they were influenced by it 3 years later? Its to close of a match for it being drawn out of thin air. Wonder if there will be a negotiation on this issue or since the reboot is so far off they will hear about this and dump Kana so there is no litigation?

LOL "Its seems to be set in modern day, Tidmouth Sheds now has Solar Panels"  LOL

Not being into the Thomas series very much, what I do remember in watching some videos with my Grandson when he was younger is that the shows seemed to have a relatable issue to real life and a learning experience whether happy or sad for all to see. By the looks of the reboot, it is more cartoony with tricks and flying trains and such.

Maybe their gamble on a reboot is them wagering on a new generation being turned on to new merchandise because isn't that the real aim...merchandising? I suppose we are the old way and have to make way for the new. I wish them luck as it really is about the kids and most of us are long past seeing thru the eyes of a child ......some of us longer than others. Undecided
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tons of Trackmasters
(01-28-2021, 11:01 AM)Super Wrote: could it be that a team member had seen the original and they were influenced by it 3 years later?

Of course, anything is possible... We don't have all the information, but there is this comparison picture...

[Image: Snimka-zaslona-108.jpg]

The name is similar (Kana/Kohana), the looks, the type of train, the colours...  Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
(01-28-2021, 05:50 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Horrific

[Image: Disgraceful-Disgusting-Despicable.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
so what about thomas motorized? what will be the impact on it. will the tankers and Terence be cancelled? only time will tell l guess...

and i will bet you that kanya will be a blatant recolour of kenji. oh and what about that new harvey style carly?
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 11:00 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
Kana will definitely be a reworked Kenji, as for the 3 episode packs I think they'll still be coming. I think its safe to say motorized won't be impacted for maybe 1-2 years similar to TrackMaster FP
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
New All Engines Go logo & other stuff revealed:

[Image: x-Alenginesgo1.jpg]

[Image: x-Alenginesgo2.jpg]

[Image: x-Alenginesgo3.jpg]

(source)
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super