Papercraft train models

4 Replies, 2910 Views

I dubbed them "Poor man's scale model"
In general, these are the kind of models made using templates that are available on the internet.
They are available as (mostly) PDFs contains pieces, which you can print out, cut and assemble to create the final model.
The quality varies and totally depends on how skilful you are; imagine puzzle, with glue, and in 3D.
Details also varies and most of the time the more detailed the model, the higher the difficulty level.
[Image: z3093630185372-58dc73512085252980ac9d59986995f4.jpg]
Here I'm having Shinkansen Hikari Rail Star paper model from JR West, which you can have a look at their templates of this Shinkansen and more: https://www.westjr.co.jp/fan/paper/shinkansen/
They don't mention the scale but from what I can see it's around 1:100.
I would say the template maker has broke down the general shape well enough, it looks recognisable. As an advanced model, the bogies are seperate from the shell, which adds a bit more to its realism.
Fun fact: it fits Plarail track, and the standard length one is just long enough to fully contain both bogies, so that's something.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Nice work Splo. I think these would be great rainy day projects. What kind/weight of cardstock/paper did you use?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Wait, that's not SplodgeFan13 (Zach from the other new thread); it's HanoibusGamer ("Hanoi", as you'd call them).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(01-09-2022, 08:08 AM)Super Wrote: Nice work Splo. I think these would be great rainy day projects. What kind/weight of cardstock/paper did you use?

180gsm is what I heard most papercrafters recommend. It's hard enough but not too thick.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thanks Hano

@LaG
Thanks for the heads up.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]