Motorized NED

9 Replies, 12832 Views

Motorized NED He is rare???

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Pretty rare or hard to find I think. Only released by HiT Toy Company in TrackMaster in 2008. Sold in the US and Australia. Did you find one online or just curious?
Only in the US and Austrailia...now you don't hear to much of that. Thanks Jdog
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
fairly rare.
honestly, i find the scenery they were sold with rarer, as they are often misplaced. i jumped on a terence last year simply due to the fact his horse was included... had seen several terences with no horse. i bought jack in a lot last year, and the seller had the scenery in with another listing. thankfully, they were able to correct it for me.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Yes the motorized Alfie, Ned, and Jack are rarer than other motorized vehicles because all 3 were found to have a design flaw and their production was minimal...
They do not navigate the 1/4 turn pieces of the old Tomy roadway track(consistently gets hung up on the seam) nor do the make the corner on the redesigned road pieces either!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator
i havent run mine much, if at all, but will make a point of adding them to the roster with my next display. last time i used a road, i had the brown track from the thomas and terence set, and then had minimal free height space, so didnt use some.

only need alfie to complete the motorised range, along with a loose kevin, but not too worried about that one. have a boxed one if it comes down to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(01-23-2015, 06:23 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i havent run mine much, if at all, but will make a point of adding them to the roster with my next display. last time i used a road, i had the brown track from the thomas and terence set, and then had minimal free height space, so didnt use some.

only need alfie to complete the motorised range, along with a loose kevin, but not too worried about that one. have a boxed one if it comes down to it.

Do you have Thumper?
I just found out about him he's a 1999 release, so I no longer have a completed collection until I track down that wascally widdle wabbit!!! There is also a new non motorized character named Winston I will have to aquire as well..
As far as Alfie goes, his prices have gone through the roof!! The last one sold on eBay for $425...
I have had luck finding them in lots for cheap though (got one for $15)!!!
Also 3 out of the 4 I have came from Canadian sellers, as did the last one on eBay...for some reason it seems he was distributed heavily there and more so than the U.S..
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 07:15 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • sunhuntin
no, dont have thumper or winston yet. ive classed those two different as they arent motorised. for non-motorised, the listed is a little longer [byron, monty, snow storm series etc]
(01-23-2015, 07:25 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: no, dont have thumper or winston yet. ive classed those two different as they arent motorised. for non-motorised, the listed is a little longer [byron, monty, snow storm series etc]

Oh don't get me started on the snowstorm series!!!
Im NOT including them as "needed" AT ALL!!
I could make my own with a crappy can of spray paint!!
If Fisher Price thinks they can take a product that isn't selling and splatter and spray paint it white, re-package it, and call it a snowy series, and thinks I will buy it, it will be when Sodor freezes over!!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 07:48 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
LOL! very true and normally i would agree. i consider them must buys [eventually... no hurry] for 2 reasons

1: they dont appear to be releasing the vehicle characters anymore, either powered or non
2: i do a christmas thomas display each year and the snowy ones would fit perfectly, without having to source spare "clean" ones to paint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super