Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2055 Replies, 1647218 Views

Well at least there is a re-issue of the Auto 3 way switch.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Therealblack64YT
Saw a Twitter post from Sidekickjason that both AEG and CGI will co-exist in Plarail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
(09-30-2022, 01:04 AM)Super Wrote: Well at least there is a re-issue of the Auto 3 way switch.

Huh, I didn't actually know that went out of print, when did they stop selling it individually?

I don't need more Plarail track (actually, I probably need the opposite) but that is a really good track pack honestly, a good starter layout with some interesting track pieces and some double track that you could add any standard three-piece individual train release to.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
My bad...I didn't know that they were still producing the 3 way auto switch Duck. I was just assuming since I hadn't noticed it included in more recent sets. (sure wish they mad some in gray) Are they still making the Auto Switch Station?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(09-29-2022, 07:49 PM)ThomasSirHandel Wrote: I'm guessing the CGI range will remain as the main Plarail range and the AEG stuff will be separate single releases.

I'm really hoping so, if this is the future for Thomas Plarail I don't know if I like it anymore
dreaming of piles of track 
[-] The following 1 user Likes stainedgaming's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
the 3 way automatic switch from the set is definitely an improvement from the the previous release.  The track in the new set is flat

[Image: s-l1600.png]
The photo above is a photo of the old 3 way switch.  I feel this old switch is like hitting a speed bump to a certain degree.  

As for the Plarail's AEG line, the only good things I like about them are the fact they can fit under the existing tunnels and features a front coupling from the looks of it.  When I first saw the image of the new line, I thought the engine is a knockoff.  when i revisit the photo again, the AEG trains do reminded me of vintage plarail trains.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Excellent spot Leyland... an improvement for sure as long as it works like a champ as the original did.
That moment when even the All Engines No designs look less annoying in Plarail compared to TrackMaster Motorized and the show itself (apart from the wheel design, like with the new Wooden Railway). I was half expecting that either Mattel would start selling their "unfriendly" versions there, or TOMY would somehow "refuse" to update to AEG.
Tomy may not have a choice. Either agree to the new version or they don't the license continue to make Thomas merchandises.

@super there is only one way to find out. I am kind of disappointed at having to buy the full set just to get that switch.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/