Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2055 Replies, 1647338 Views

(10-01-2022, 09:49 AM)Plarail Man UK Wrote: @Mister No

So you guys in Japan are only just about to get AEG on TV?

The TV show All Engines Go starts airing in Japan this winter. The first AEG film will be broadcast next spring. And yes, they are ready for AEG; they are very thorough:

[Image: Plarail-AEG-11.webp]

[Image: Plarail-AEG-12.webp]

[Image: Plarail-AEG-13.webp]

Some additional information

From Takara Tomy (machine translation)

Quote:A new series from Plarail Thomas! Its name is "GOGO Thomas"! Let's enjoy fun action!

"GOGO Thomas Percy Diesel Kana's Friend Set" - - Scheduled to be released in late December 2022
Vehicle sets for Percy, Kana, and Diesel are now available! You can also run 3 cars by connecting to the powered engine Percy! The powered chassis can be replaced with Kana or Diesel!
* The somersault loop, mountain, and Kururin corner in the Loop set cannot be played with existing Plarail vehicles.

Takara Tomy Press Release 30 September 2022 @ Asahi Shimbun 
(machine translation):

Quote:"GOGO Thomas Round Somersault! Wakuwaku Playland" is an all-in-one product that includes a new-looking GOGO Thomas vehicle that is a feature of the new series, rails, and a scene. The movement of Thomas, who moves energetically in the TV animation, is expressed with a thrilling "somersault". This dynamic action called "somersault" will be the first Plarail*. In addition, the attached GOGO Kururin Corner parts are rail parts that can turn an engine on a single track; the engine changes direction. By using this part, it is possible to make a layout that goes back and forth on a single line. 

The "GOGO Somersault Loop" and "GOGO Kururin Corner" parts are exclusive parts for the "GOGO Thomas" series. They cannot be used with regular Plarails.

In addition, as a new product in the "GOGO Thomas" series, "GOGO Thomas Percy Diesel Kana's Friend Set" (Suggested retail price: 4,400 yen / tax included) is a set with a new character "Kana" born in Japan. In addition, we will also release the "GOGO Thomas Outing 3D Map" (suggested retail price: 7,150 yen / tax included), which is a set of GOGO Thomas vehicles, rails, and scenery that can be opened and played immediately.

The new TV anime series features unprecedented comical and acrobatic movements, an up-tempo storyline, and fun songs.

Starting with this product, Takara Tomy will gradually develop new-looking "GOGO Thomas" series products in addition to the existing Plarail Thomas product development.

And no, Plarail Man UK, I'm not from Japan. 😊
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Quote:Starting with this product, Takara Tomy will gradually develop new-looking "GOGO Thomas" series products in addition to the existing Plarail Thomas product development.

From the horses mouth 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Therealblack64YT
@Mister No

My bad, duly noted and edited accordingly Wink
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Mister No
Suzukawa and kids take A closer look at the Loopty Dewp. What do you all think about these Plarail AEG Faces as compared to the Fisher Price AEG Faces???

The faces of the Plarail AEG engines are, in my opinion, well made, as are the Fisher Price ones. Granted, so far FP has a lot more variations of the faces of the same characters (I think there are as many as 13 FP AEG Thomas at the moment), so it remains to be seen how Plarail will move forward.

The problems of Plarail AEG engines are:
  • ugly wheels (though necessary for their loop version),
  • squashed look of the engines (this shape does not match the shape of the characters from the TV series),
  • almost non-existent middle wheel (drawn on the black part of the chassis), and
  • stickers (the entire sides of Thomas are stickers, including the windows!)
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(09-30-2022, 08:24 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: the 3 way automatic switch from the set is definitely an improvement from the the previous release.  The track in the new set is flat

[Image: s-l1600.png]
The photo above is a photo of the old 3 way switch.  I feel this old switch is like hitting a speed bump to a certain degree.  

As for the Plarail's AEG line, the only good things I like about them are the fact they can fit under the existing tunnels and features a front coupling from the looks of it.  When I first saw the image of the new line, I thought the engine is a knockoff.  when i revisit the photo again, the AEG trains do reminded me of vintage plarail trains.

The new switch has been around for a long while. I bought one in 2014. It is indeed flat.

The photos on the websites haven't been updated though.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
(10-05-2022, 08:35 AM)plarnold Wrote: The new switch has been around for a long while. I bought one in 2014. It is indeed flat.

See the thread "Plarail 3-way Automatic Turn-out Rail" for more detail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
10th December, 500 series Shinkansen, Shinkalion EVA-02 wrapping, 3,300 JPY.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/press/article/i...ansenn.pdf

It appears from the press release that 500 series number 521 in this wrapping will be revealed at the Kyoto Railway Museum on October 28th, along with an exhibition commemorating 150 years of Japanese railways. The Plarail version will be on general sale though.

You may come across this image of a 700 series in similar wrapping. It is a fake:

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • HanoibusGamer, Mister No, Super
Thanks Dr Chris

Hmmm...the price seem to be much higher for a single, 3 piece train than usual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(10-06-2022, 09:49 AM)Super Wrote: Hmmm...the price seem to be much higher for a single, 3 piece train than usual.

It is. The 2016 EVA-01 500 series is still on sale for 2,850 JPY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No