HNBGamer's Plarail & other train stuff

27 Replies, 5501 Views

Oh..the tragedy...how many passengers did not make it? 😁
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HanoibusGamer
Haha, I don't know, at least the following E7 cleared the entire E2 off the tracks. In another slightly better attempt the coupled train collided with a train entering from the branched out track, and similar to this attempt, the rest of the trains managed to run as normal.

This attempt though, is more tragic, but I didn't record that so we just have the image.

Only E7 escaped the accident.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Alright, here's some other thing.
Today I acquired a new stuff, it's J-10, a railway signal!

Actual thing is here, take up only half the size of the box, mostly to accomodate the stop rail.

I like that the stop rail and the signal are seperated, if you don't need the signal (the space between rails isn't wide enough), you still have the useful stop rail. One drawback is that the rail will not be level, since the signal only hold one side of the rail. Should you want to use the signal, you would have to hook the switch section to the arm so that the light can change with the stop rail.

The signal uses 2 AAA batteries, situated in the red box with screw.

Here's what the red signal looks like, with a traffic light not-for-train for comparison.

And the green signal.

I don't particularly like the railway signal lens colors. The green signal is quite lime, red signal looks rather pink in the image but it's red enough in person. 
I bought this for 250000 VND ~ 10 USD, which is just a bit higher than the recommended price in Plarail website, so not a bad deal.
Given that my layout is mostly under bed with minimal light, having a railway signal would be nice, give some light and also a visual clue to my fumbling with the stop rail when running the layout in high capacity :>
[-] The following 3 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Therealblack64YT
That is a pretty neat Traffic Light Hano
  • HanoibusGamer
Another different stuff,

I....bought the ES train. I don't have any N700S yet and I don't feel like purchasing a larger N700S set with tracks. Also I wanted an ES for collection sake.

I was able to buy this partly because this was made in my country, which would probably make local vendors more interested to import and sell such Tomy products.

Further review would come soon, I just put this to remind myself
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
You may be the first member to have received one of the ES series (I think). I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
  • HanoibusGamer
Got a new stuff recently, well it's new for me but not new for the product, it's the "Deka Plarail Town Shinkansen Series N700 Station"!

Well I have just purchased it recently, without packaging, but it looks quite new given that it would be at least around 10 years old since its release in 2008. Most functions perform well, just missing two parts that can counts as extra anyway. The stop switch, rear shell and cockpit windsheld are quite loose though.

I don't particularly like how they made the wheels for the big N700, it's too small and the whole bogie section should also be shortened as it's not a full-length train anyway. 

It's 46 cm / 18 in in length, but unfortunately you can't fit a set of three cars in it when the big train is fully closed, not even ES, but more than enough for two standard cars.

Plarail has been (and are) releasing such big versions of trains, most are way bigger than this actually, the only similar sized to this N700 would be the Doctor Yellow Shinkansen they released 4 years ago.
[-] The following 3 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • chrisjo, generic_truck_69420, Super
(10-11-2022, 03:38 PM)HanoibusGamer Wrote: The entire layout is under my bed, so the station would be on the open side. 
The track switch on the opposite side would be R-19 rail element, which would be automatic because that side faces the wall. I want multiple tracks to my layout so, R-19 is the newest element bought in the layout.
hat it looks like before I open my bed. The necessary rails have been inserted but the girders can't stay up during the insert.

Call me weird, but the image below the words above me gives me Tootington vibes. (good vibes btw)

[Image: Can-t-Catch-Koko87.webp]
Call me Sixteen.

Signatures are too hard. -_-
[-] The following 1 user Likes ERTLSixteen's post:
  • HanoibusGamer
(11-26-2022, 03:23 AM)HanoibusGamer Wrote: "Deka Plarail Town Shinkansen Series N700 Station"

Some mildly interesting trivia:

I know that the name of this product デカプラレールタウン N700系新幹線ステーション is 'translated' in this way, but it's simply because the online translator being used doesn't know what to do with the characters デカ "de ka".

It's even that way on the box!

[Image: 10064911a.jpg]

However, in this context it's a contraction of the colloquial adjective デカい "dekai" that simply means big, huge, colossal, etc.

So a more accurate translation of the Japanese characters would be "Big Plarail Town Shinkansen Series N700 Station", as recognised for example by Hobbysearch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • HanoibusGamer
That's interesting chrisjo!
Yep, I just took the English name straight from the box, thanks for the Japanese analysis!