Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2069 Replies, 1662041 Views

Many thanks Mr No.

I am sure that there are going to be many collectors disappointed in the Ginga Dreamline re-release especially those who paid a pretty premium for theirs if they didn't get one when first released as they were going for quite a bit. Then there are as many who are very happy for this as they couldn't afford the high price but now can realize their Dream.....line 😁😁😁

The Dreamline coaches are clear Leyland???...I can't remember what the coaches were in the first release as I sold them off as they were just wrapped details and I am not fond of that.

Wonder whats on the DVD that comes with the Waterfall set?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(01-30-2023, 09:16 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: the only differences from the August 2015 release is that the coaches are transparent or clear.

Please explain? There is certainly no difference discernible from the pre-release pictures or the available descriptions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I am assuming that Leyland may have saw this in the Product Description but lost in translation maybe? Would like to know that if they are indeed clear...are they using clear decals as the wraps?

Quote:Product introduction SL Ginga was produced with Kenji Miyazawa's "Night on the Galactic Railroad" as its theme, and has been operating on the Kamaishi Line (Ginga Dream Line Kamaishi Line) since April 2014, but will retire in the spring of 2023 due to the aging of passenger cars. is scheduled. The blue license plate version with the same organization as the real thing, and the passenger car with clear color specifications are now available on Plarail. ■ Modeled after C58-239 SL Ginga ■ 6-car train can be connected/disconnected ■Electric driving at 1 speed, hand rolling play is possible with switch OFF ※Rail is not included.
(01-31-2023, 10:47 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 09:16 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: the only differences from the August 2015 release is that the coaches are transparent or clear.

Please explain? There is certainly no difference discernible from the pre-release pictures or the available descriptions.
my comment was based on this photo

[Image: 4670d73715f7668a942784ce7797aa1d-1024x1024.jpg]
The coaches look transparent to me.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
They do indeed look clear in that image Leyland and the wrap looks like clear stickers also,, good eye my friend. But maybe those aren't stickers at all as the originals were painted. I had to search my photos to pick out this image of the original coaches which could not be clearer 😁
[Image: 014.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
Well, well, I take it all back!!!

[Image: image.png]

客車はクリアカラー仕様!
The passenger car is a clear color specification!

C58形239号機 青のナンバープレートVer.
C58 Type 239 Blue Drumhead Version
(I'm not convinced this is different though)
There does look to be one difference in this new C58 and the original one I have....the number plate on the new ones smokebox door is gold with a blue background where mine is gold on a black background. This could be a way to tell the differences in releases if, in fact, the real one released comes with blue. As far as I can see the drumhead is the same and I can't tell if the number plates on the sides of the cab have a blue background or not.

EDIT: Just noticed the smokebox door handle is gold in the picture of the new one where mine has no color also there are gold bands around that cylinder above the door that is not on mine but I have seen several times before that the released trains sometimes do not have the same details as the first images especially when it comes to gold.

[Image: IMG-2235.jpg]
18th March 2023, limited edition Tokyu Corporation 3020 Series Meguro Line

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
17th February 2023 (today), re-issue of the limited edition Keio 9000 series that first appeared in 2008, with previous re-issues in 2016 and 2018.

[Image: keio9000_3rd.jpeg]

It's interesting that the announcement is in the form of an apology from Plarail for ongoing shortages, with Keio 1000 srs (light blue), 7000 srs, 8000 srs and 8000 srs Takao hopefully being re-stocked sometime in summer 2023.

https://www.keio-rail-land.jp/.assets/プラ...230105.pdf
A Re-Re-Re-Re-Release Thanks Dr Chris 👍
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins