Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1153635 Views

(11-10-2016, 02:47 AM)jdogman Wrote: I really like the Greatest Moments line-up, and it's a shame I don't buy TrackMaster anymore. I may know nothing about the Extraordinary Engines episodes so there's no context, but it is a surprise to see Ryan and Skiff released again so soon considering most new characters get a release and fade away. Plus they've both got new things about them, Ryan having mud and Skiff being his Railboat Tour self. It's peculiar seeing Hugo in a pack pulling things since I believe that's not possible for him but I guess it's the point of the story and the pack itself. Jerome is lovely to see too, since I thought his Walmart exclusivity with The Adventure Begins might mean Fisher-Price would neglect him. This could spell out hope for a re-release of Glynn. Knowing Fisher-Price though, I don't think anyone should hold their breath for Judy. This isn't a "collecting" toyline as such. Winged Thomas looks a little funny at first glance, especially that face, but the wings are a nice novelty. Plus having a Streamlined Annie and Clarabel means the Streamlined Thomas from Railway Race Set can be used to recreate the Streamlining song.

1) Smart move, actually. The current incarnation only gets even worse than when it debuted, and tracking down anything from before is getting more and more difficult.
2) I didn't expect him to be released without rolling stock since introduction anyway, since it would be very unusual not to have him in a "Greatest Moments" pack first. I do agree they should've stuck more closely to the real show with the merchandise.
3) What? I didn't know he was discontinued (?). If he were to be remade, they should remake him non-motorised (like Skiff) so they wouldn't make his open parts all black again. Besides, I think they got Jerome's proportions wrong, such as the size of his face and his cab roof being a tad too wide at the sides.
4) That was exactly what I thought when I saw them. I feel The Great Race had far more TrackMaster product potential, such as sets based on the songs like Diesel and Paxton with crates, Streamlined Thomas being released with the blue Annie and Clarabel instead of incorrectly being used in a set where he actually races, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-08-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-09-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-12-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-14-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-16-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by Tootally Thomas - 05-16-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases - by DalaGStanator - 11-10-2016, 08:10 AM