What is this 'Funny Rail Set' ?

7 Replies, 8996 Views

Any thoughts on this one? Tomy clone? Why 'Funny'?

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thats funny, why do they call it a "Funny Rail Set"? Definitely a clone but the question is was it made by Tomy? The box is almost exactly a copy of the Tomica World Road and Rail System ones. Everything about the train, tracks and accessories screams Tomy. I am recalling someone mentioning here about these but I can't find the thread. Something to do with rights or where it was released. Curious to here about it. Is this yours or you just saw this picture?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(06-01-2015, 11:56 AM)Super Wrote: Is this yours or you just saw this picture?
It's on ebay.uk at the moment.

Funny as in 'funny money'? Curiously accurate!
Here is a video showing a few sets in this Funny Rail Set, Player World Series. Starts at about the 1:30 mark. I sure would like to get my hands on one of those different looking stations in the last set shown.

definately a fake/knock off. in my experience, fakers like to put words/pictures in the same spot as on the genuine product, so long as the replacements appear to belong with whatever the product is. even the motor road and rail logo has been copied here with the words replaced.

seen the same thing countless times with different products. you get good at picking fakes when your town is full of dollar stores crammed with cheap, asian knock offs.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Leokimvideo has a video with this set a few years back, I'm sure you'll find it on YouTube. I saw it and I got pretty upset about the set...

Hint: bad quality (horrible)
More and more...Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2015, 03:31 AM by NWRMainLineTerminal.)
They often sell these copy sets at my local shopping centres/shopping malls, they are usually a single vendor with a temporary store haha.
Thanks NWRMainLineTerminal