Riser/Girder Caps for Tomy Plarail / Tomica

24 Replies, 29611 Views

Thanks @super
yeah... it has been a rough two months... Docs just replaced the self- administered antibiotics due to finding a small abscess last week.

As for the F-unit, I am still on a hunt for the Blues and Amtraks Big Grin

(08-03-2015, 02:48 PM)Super Wrote: Sorry to hear about your setback ActionChugger. Hope you are well soon and back to your old self.

Fantastic buy on the caps aren't they, and congratulations on the acquisition of more F-Units. You are the King of the F-Units!
[Image: praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
Hi Action Chugger,I\'m new here. What are those red and blue trains by the Amtrak?Minchi

(08-03-2015, 12:31 PM) ActionChugger Wrote: [Image: 20150811.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 04:55 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 4 users Like minchimurakami's post:
  • Finno, generic_truck_69420, mod thana, MuddyPoppins
The blue one is very hard to find and came only in its own set. The red one is easy to find and came in a large set only with another train. There is a lot of info in the Forums about these. Try searching for F-Units or EMD
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
You can now print your own (if you have a printer)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4256474

The designer says: "Since the block piers have individual differences, I prepared models with different inner dimensions."

The download has files for three caps with slightly different geometry. I suppose you have to experiment to see which work best with your block piers, as explained in the video.

[Image: image.png]

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Thanks Dr Chris

I am curious if anyone has any luck printing on a home printer without any ridges. I am guessing that Plarnold's friend may have used a high teck manufacturing printer as the ones I have, have virtually no ridges.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]