Power Trains

12 Replies, 18135 Views

(07-14-2015, 09:27 PM)Super Dude Wrote: Has anybody ever played around with these trains made by Jakks Pacific?

http://powertrainstoys.com/

Any opinions / comparisons with plarail? They seem to be about the same size as the plarail advance .

They are not the same size. At all. I own a lot of them. They are around the dimensions of an HO (1:87) train, but lack length and width.

(07-14-2015, 10:27 PM)Nigels Wrote: Not tried them Super, they are a bit of an oddity, they're bigger than Advance, but not quite HO and based on the track in the packs I don't think they would run on Tomy track.

One set that did catch my eye recently is one made by Marklin - a big name in serious train models if you not heard of them (German so always serious Smile )

They produce true HO battery trains that can run on the plastic track (similar to trackmaster) provided in the starter sets or on genuine HO gauge track.

They look pretty cool, trains are typically 5 cars, connect using magnet couplings, have both lights and sound and are remote control!

Best part is they are priced pretty keenly, a complete set including a 5 car bullet type train, oval of track, remote, even the batteries, sells for about £45-50 depending on the train you pick.

The one I went for to see if they run well on Tomy track as well was this one; Belgian Thalys Train

It is due for delivery in 3-4 days, I'll let you know what its like when it arrives Smile

Nigels, that's 1:87:1. That will not fit.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 12:19 AM by ROKMAN1445.)
another thing I don't like power train is that they have limited track styles.
(11-19-2015, 12:15 AM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: They are not the same size. At all. I own a lot of them. They are around the dimensions of an HO (1:87) train, but lack length and width.

Nigels, that's 1:87:1. That will not fit.

I know thats what I said in my latter post Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin