More new Trackmaster sets mid 2014

38 Replies, 58069 Views

Oh No! That means it is cost cutting and charging more!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Hoo hoo, have a peek at this upcoming set, the Mad Dash on Sodor Set: http://service.mattel.com/us/productDeta...&siteid=27

Looks like it combines elements from previous releases such as Cranky's Spinning Cargo Drop, Risky Rails Bridge Drop, and a bit of Deluxe Spiral Track Pack as ways to bring them into the grey track TrackMaster.

It includes an R/C Thomas (which takes three AAA batteries and the controller takes two) and truck, Blue Mountain Quarry, Sodor Shipping Company, a hopper, Cranky at Brendam Docks (great, so around seven Crankys' in total now?), and some of the riser pieces from Gordon's Hill and Sodor Spiral Expansion Packs.

A pretty elaborate setup. Thomas first goes to a hopper to load a boulder, pass it down the Blue Mountain Quarry chute, get transformed to a barrel at shipping, slides down to Cranky who swings it to the loader for Thomas to pick up. Whew, that's a lot! Plus for good measure, Thomas can pick up the boulder later. I can picture it selling well, just wonder if it might be a problem to set up and work correctly, some of those big sets don't get good reviews. Oh yeah, and "May not work with all engines", what a surprise...
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Wow, that set is HUGE. Bet thats going to cost a lot!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Great....more crap. Come on Mattel! I think they are trying to get the Anti- Remodel People for Trackmaster to like the new models and sets. I will say this set looks okay but from what i have seen from the trains and other sets so far, I can't say this will probably be worth getting.
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
Sigh the one and only good point I can see with this set is that the RC thomas chassis can be used with any of the current "improved" engines bodyshells to make them RC. But still more lies in print to protect themselves from litigation. Should say "Will not work" instead of "May not work", its like they are not telling you which and you should just buy it and try it yourself Sad Disappointment will surely follow.

[Image: Untitledaaa.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • jdogman, Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
So I think we now know that grey track TrackMaster has been hitting stores worldwide this month. Managed to have a look of them in person today of the engines, cargo and cars, small track packs, and two sets. I was surprised to see how titchy looking the trucks really are. As I've said before, I like how their size is accurate in propotion to the engine, but it's hard for the eye to adjust to it. I'm not sure why I like the boxes as well, I think it's just the size and the uniqueness of the bent corner, but I'm sure it could be frustrating to try and get things out. I was also surprised to note that AUS gets Thomas' Avalanche Escape Set and not Avalanche Escape Set, so we don't get the truck and a couple of small things.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • Super, Ucwepn
I might actually grab some new sets so I can see what the trains are like. They might be cool but Fisher Price doesn't have to throw things at our face. Even if the Wooden Railway improved they still need to pay attention to their other Thomas Toys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pyromaildragon's post:
  • Super
Don't forget to show us what you get Pyro
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(07-07-2014, 11:10 PM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: Oh No! That means it is cost cutting and charging more!

Target stores in Canada finally have the new Trackmaster engines. To my surprise they are cheaper than the other ones. hmm..... Just to give you an idea, it costs about $19 (Canadian Dollars) to buy the old trackmaster engine with a piece of rolling stock. It costs $16 (Canadian dollars) to buy the new trackmaster stock.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM by leylandvictory2.)