Different Thomas...

7 Replies, 12439 Views

This looks to be a different motorized Thomas train set. For sure a knock off but is it a legal train as the Thomas Logo cloud is a bit different. It looks fishy as how can they sell it for so cheap with such cheap shipping. Wouldn't it cost more to ship than what they are asking for with shipping. It does say it has sold 154 of them. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomas-Friends-E...1823230839
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
fake, 100%. see them all the time in dollar stores about the place.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(08-05-2015, 05:28 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: fake, 100%. see them all the time in dollar stores about the place.
That's less than a cup of coffee!!!
For $4.78 out the door it can't be that bad!?!?
We will soon find out!!...for that price I just had to buy one to see!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
They are fake, and horrid to, Leokimvideo did a bit of a review on these style knock offs and they were bad. But they go like a rocket!
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
Interesting, wonder if they are that fast they could be used for some kind of mod. You are right Muddy, for that price including shipping, why not? Still don't see that with the fees they have to pay to PayPal and Ebay and the high cost of shipping overseas how could they possibly make any money and not be in the hole and owe? Got a kick out of the flat face plate. Let us know what you think when you get it Muddy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(08-05-2015, 06:31 PM)ROCKINATOR Wrote: They are fake, and horrid to, Leokimvideo did a bit of a review on these style knock offs and they were bad. But they go like a rocket!

I've seen these on fleabay uk as well, in fact meant to post about them but forgot in my excitement about the new job lol!

I would suspect they are so fast due to having minimal gearing (one way to save costs) I'm betting there is at best two cogs, one on the motor the other on the axle lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR, Super
(08-05-2015, 07:00 PM)Super Wrote: Interesting, wonder if they are that fast they could be used for some kind of mod. You are right Muddy, for that price including shipping, why not? Still don't see that with the fees they have to pay to PayPal and Ebay and the high cost of shipping overseas how could they possibly make any money and not be in the hole and owe? Got a kick out of the flat face plate. Let us know what you think when you get it Muddy.

Yes I sure will...it shipped out today!!
Even if the engine doesn't run, at the very least I'll have two new friendly cars to haulSmile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Got another good chuckle from the fact that they didn't even get the type of engine right as Thomas is a tank engine and this one is clearly tendered.