Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2072 Replies, 1662249 Views

(12-27-2020, 02:45 AM)DuckGWR Wrote:  "Kenji and Thomas's Oikakekko Set" Scheduled to be released in late March 2021
"Oikakekko" = Chasing One Another or Playing Tag
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
New releases / February

In these two sets:
[Image: pic_2saka_06.jpg]
[Image: pic_start_05.jpg]
...parking lot...
[Image: pic_2saka_03.jpg]

...can be turned to a crossing:

[Image: pic_2saka_02.jpg]

The new Kumikae Plarail Station offers interesting variations (it is a station with a stop function that can be rearranged into three patterns: island platform, oncoming platform, and long platform), but the stopping rails will cause trains to bounce a little:

[Image: pic_j11_02.jpg]
[Image: pic_j11_03.jpg]
[Image: pic_j11_04.jpg]

Joints can be put on either side, which is very practical:
[Image: 10734748b2.jpg]

The new overpass is also adaptable:
[Image: pic_j12_04.jpg]

Now plakids can be put in the overpass (the roof is removable), but I suppose they are not actually coming with the overpass:

[Image: pic_j12_05.jpg]
The Plarail shop we have seen in Shinkansen N700S Set (September 2020), just different colour:

[Image: pic_j23_04.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
@Ffar
Thanks for the update. Well that is a no sale for me then, asking price is too much for so little. What I can't tell is if Thomas has a new facial expression for Muddy.

@Chrisjo & Mr No
Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see new and innovative scenery pieces.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Has there ever been a half-straight stop-rail before?  1/2ストップレール in Thomas set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(12-29-2020, 08:13 AM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: As incredibly disappointing as it is, there is NO gimmick to The Jet Engine Car. It's also incredibly squashed and tiny compared to its big bulky TVS Counterpart which is just slightly taller, thanks to the two smaller jets, than Thomas.

Exactly as I thought. Whatever happened to Tecology or button cell batteries? Surely the Blastbooster-7 could've had at least one bulb if not all three thrusters. Not to mention, it would've made so much more sense if they reused the chassis from Ace's flatbed or similar (I forgot the original was not a conflat until I looked at it again).

On another note: I believe I finally (sort of) get why Kenji is a pull back. They most likely did it so he could be much faster than Thomas without using a 2 speed DU, because a mainspring can provide more velocity than one battery. That, or it was done so he could gradually slow down and stop by himself (something the battery engines take hours to do) to simulate how he had no electricity. If so, then I take back what I said earlier because it's fairly creative.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 10:31 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(12-29-2020, 10:01 AM)chrisjo Wrote: Has there ever been a half-straight stop-rail before?  1/2ストップレール in Thomas set.

There is one in the N700S Shinkansen set I think. I know we talked about them appearing not to long ago so they are new.
(12-29-2020, 09:28 AM)chrisjo Wrote: The back of the grey car park thing in the new rail sets is a cross-over.

[Image: 10734751b4.jpg]

This rail is the same rail width as the Y字ポイントレール.

[Image: images.jpg] 

I think I should make the いなかのえき meme a real meme according to western standards of meme making.

[Image: Eq-Xtgr-QUUAAvl-UR-1.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
OK, I've spent nearly all the morning trying to figure this one out.

[Image: Untitled.png]

The first four items in the Thomas set are listed as:

1. Thomas
2. Kenji
3. 後部バッファー = 'rear bumper'
4. ぶっ飛びブースター  = Blastbooster

Assuming that item 4. is the jet/rocket wagon behind Thomas, what can item 3. be?
(Edit - added Blastbooster link)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Hmmm...interesting Dr Chris

Since there are only 3 things shown in the set....I wonder if there isn't some type of rebound bumper on the rear of Kenji because we can't see back there. Maybe if Kenji runs out of steam and Thomas bumps him, it releases a spring or something and he boosts forward....

Or maybe...how about this....when Kenji is pulled back to wind his spring, he does not go forward when you let go. He will only blast forward when Thomas bumps him in the rear. This added gimmick would at least make the set worth more but probably not 6600yen though IMO.

As Dr Chris says, the set is called "Oikakekko" = Chasing One Another or Playing Tag Maybe Thomas chases Kenji and when he "Tags" him Kenji releases his spring and speeds forward. Which would support LaG's thoughts on a Pull Back engine being faster than a motorized engine. Maybe even fast enough to, after Thomas bumps "Tags" him Kenji would  race around the supplied Loop and bump (Tag) Thomas and the Rocket engine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
@Mr No

I'm a fan of this new Kumikae Plarail Station however I'm not a fan of replacing the Signal Station as I had that for around 10 years (still do but now broken) and have been meaning to get a new one. Also not too big of a fan of the replacements of Inaka Station and especially the Crossover Bridge due to them also being great for weathering and just being iconic.

@laG
While yes that would probably be the case there was a spoiler alert chase scene in the special where Kenji runs out of power due to him requiring electricity they probably did this so that Thomas could catch up to Kenji.

Sorry for the hard to read font I just wanted to try censoring spoilers for a double-length 2-part episode (what they're calling specials now) that's been out for 7 months.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Mister No, Super