Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2075 Replies, 1662834 Views

(12-29-2020, 08:15 PM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: @Mr No

I'm a fan of this new Kumikae Plarail Station 

I've noticed how Kumikae Station tracks are made. The tracks are a bit elevated on the stopping part, and we have to wait and see how much will a train jump when driving through, say, double Kumikae station. I suppose the train will bounce a little, like on J-18 crossing, and I'm not sure if I would want that at the station... Otherwise, I like the look of the station (it would be better if not hollow at the rear end, but that is not visible when making an "island" variant of the station), although I think the position of the station seats is a bit odd. Also, I don't see how exactly is the stop rail being activated; it must have something to do with the red "joints", I guess.

J-12 Recombination Overpass is a bit ugly and looks too "cartoony" (just my opinion), but I suppose it will be very popular, because it's adaptable (single or double track variant), and especially because kids could put Plakids in it (if they have any already, because - as it is the case with the Recombination Station - Plakids don't come with the overpass).
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I still wonder When Sonny will get a motorized release in Pla-Rail, he didn't in Mattel's motorized range, so he better have one here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Collin Joe's post:
  • Super
I doubt it. Maybe a ringing engine at most.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 03:13 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • Super
I think Duchess from "The Royal Engine" will probably be the Motorized one.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Mister No, Super
' Kumikae'  [ くみかえ or 組み替え ], as in the new J-11 station and J-12 footbridge, is a word that's referring to the fact that they can be taken apart and re-assembled in different forms. Hobbysearch have chosen to use the translation 'recombination' in their English descriptions of these two items, which I guess is good enough.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Video caption " A mysterious red train coming soon! ".

[Image: 2101_speedjet_s.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • drew5195, Super, Tharazero1
Interesting...I like this idea of an early promotional video like this rather than just the actual toy. I think it generates more excitement. I hope they do this type with all new releases going forward.

Thanks Dr Chris Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I know we've seen this video before, but look carefully about the 2 minute mark. Is this SpeedJet? Sure looks like it.

[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Very perceptive, Chrisjo! I remember seeing that train when watching the video, but I didn't pay much attention, because I didn't like it... Wish they announced the Kotodens instead! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Good eye Dr Chris. I see they have used the idea of adding painted passengers in the windows. Personally I am not a fan and...it looks like to me that there may not be an easy way to remove them. Besides the opening doors middle coaches of some Plarail commuters, the only other train I recall having these is the fictitious train included in the 60th Anniversary Best Selection Set  which were easily removed.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tharazero1