Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2075 Replies, 1662506 Views

Wonder if there will be any announcements and the end of this month (next week) about the next round of new trains or accessories? I believe they usually come at the end of a month where pre-orders would start a few weeks from there. It is getting close to spring when the Tokyo Plarail Expo is usually held and I thought that they would always have something new including Expo Exclusives although I am not sure they had an exclusive last year.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Is the expo still a GO given the pandemic hasn't resolved yet?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • AOF04, Super
New Tomica Town Sound Light Fumikiri in action:

(I like how he "modified" rails at the crossing!)
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I can see how a youngster would enjoy playing with this manually operated scenic piece. I like how the YouTuber created a road crossing and added the Tomica Traffic Light to it. Might be a bit annoying to the adults in the room if there is no shut off timer and that sound keeps ringing without manually pressing the button. Thanks Mr No Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
New Plarail Best Selection Set, with the new red SpeedJet train, new crossing/cross rail, and a new station with pop-up passengers!!
[Image: ba612d5f484cb2e0a361ace894c93aa6-e1614316006477.jpg]
[Image: 7_original_gzz_p-HJtj1rmcXb7AJrpKBpHdl4BKRJ.jpg]
[Image: 3_original_xTPTEIzXggOzYilIKlTR72OCNx5ykxLd.jpg]
[Image: 4904810164968_4b0b170fb58b4344bd1acebb70...995662.jpg]
It will be released on April 15th. 
5500 JPY

Here is the Takara Tomy advertisement:

...and Suzukawa's video on that set:

• Super
Thanks Mr No

In the first video (Tomy Ad) it was really neat how they made the model look like a real train at the 0:05 minute mark.

I really got a chuckle at how the 'Flat' Station has disappearing 'Flat' people. However, I do like the stickers but only if they came on a separate sheet so I could scan them Big Grin

Wonder how many Fictional Trains they plan to include with these "Best Selection Set" series.  I am surprised that they chose to make a train similar to the first set and not something totally different looking.

Supers Nitpick Bonus
Just my personal preferences and in no way am I judging what it should be as there are many who love these features especially children as we have to admit that this is who they are made for.

* The roofs color seems off to me for some reason, like it should have been gray or silver.

* Not a fan of the people viewed in the windows but I do understand that children would like to look at the different faces in each. At least with the first set, the passengers could easily be removed if one desired where this one has them on what looks to be vinyl stickers.

* The viewing of the driver on this one is a tad bit better than the first train and looks like he could be easily removed as opposed the the original.

* Something I wish they had done was have that tinted blue windscreen shown on the lead engine on the tail car too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
Two "Limited Edition" trains are coming:

Odakyu Romance Car 7000 with Light 

[Image: 3b33979f33a06d9597593d564e7501d2.png]
Will be sold at: Odakyu Shop Romance Car Museum Store (2nd Floor), Shinjuku stores (Odakyu Line Shinjuku Station West Exit underground), Odakyu Line  Tamagawa Station West Exit, and online: https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/odakyu-trains/

End of June 2021
12.000 pcs; just front car (?)
2750 JPY

Plarail Toei Oedo Line Type 12-600

[Image: DOJIOJOJ.png]

It will be sold here: https://hatomarche.com/shop/default.aspx and here: https://tetsudokoshien-shop.com/
Release Date: April 16th
2500 JPY
  • Super
Thanks Mr No

I was just wondering this morning when we will hear about something new. Hmmm...are the prices of these what we can expect from now on from Plarail?

I am interested in the Romance car but not if its 2750yen for just the engine unit even if it looks neat and has working headlights. If it is a full train I am hoping that with 12000 being made it will be fairly easy to get a hold of one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I wonder why are they selling just the front car. Is there maybe already Romance Car 7000 without lights, so now they are releasing just engine unit with lights. If not, what's the point of that?
  • Super
The lights are LED, still it seems very expensive, and for that price I'd be wanting full interior and exterior lighting for a 3-car.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super