Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2055 Replies, 1646786 Views

I really like japanese commuter trains, but the design of this EMU E235 Series is not my favorite. Actually, many rail-fans call it "a microwave oven" because of its front/back design. But hey, you can't please everyone... Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I have always liked E231-1000s but these new ones are still really cool! Did you see that set with the one that has sounds and those special pieces of track? (there was also a D51 set in that series)
The shining foxtaur who loves trains and plarail! JR SOCIETY!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like ConrailFoxtaur5605's post:
  • Finno, Super
Are you referring to the D51 with Steam Plarail train Fox? That one has sound or am I forgetting one?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
OH! my mistake! it was a C62 not a D51!
The shining foxtaur who loves trains and plarail! JR SOCIETY!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 09:18 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConrailFoxtaur5605's post:
  • Super
(machine translation)

I like it too! Fun train series Evangelion special specification musky
Scheduled to be released in the summer of 2020 Manufacturer's suggested retail price 3,000 yen (excluding tax)

Evangelion special specification musky is appearing on Plarail. Evangelion color when placed on separately sold eco straight / curved rails.
Uses one C2 battery (batteries are sold separately)
* Rails are sold separately.
Copyright © Color Nagoya Railway Commercialization Licensed © Chubu International Airport Co., Ltd.

It seems this one is one speed train. I wonder what's the deal with the "evangelion color when placed on separately sold eco straight / curved rails" ...

[Image: pic_bd_eva01.jpg]
[Image: pic_bd_eva02.jpg]
[Image: pic_bd_eva03.jpg]

I like it too! Fun train series Thank you Tokaido Shinkansen 700 series

Scheduled to be released in the summer of 2020. Manufacturer's suggested retail price 2,800 yen (excluding tax)
JR Tokai's special decoration "Thank you Tokaido Shinkansen 700 series" is appearing on Plarail.
Uses one AA battery (battery sold separately)
* Rails are sold separately.
Copyright: JR Tokai approved

[Image: pic_bd_at700kei02.jpg]
[Image: pic_bd_at700kei01.jpg]
[Image: pic_bd_at700kei03.jpg]
Thanks for the heads up Mr-No

I do like the color combination of the  Evangelion Special. The purple, black and lime green look cool but that orange stripe on the side doesn't fit. Wouldn't it be neat if they had used glow in the dark paint for the lime green parts?

Personally, I think they have way to many versions of the 700 Series and, to me, they all look alike. Unless they are getting paid to make the models in a collaboration deal, I wish they would concentrate their efforts on something new and different...unless they have done everything in Japan.
Agree with your Evangelion observations, Super!
I suppose they had to put the orange stripe, because it's on original too:

[Image: aAgXDQE_700bwp.webp]

In general, I think they did good job on this model:

[Image: pic_bd_eva01.jpg]

But still it remains to be seen what they meant by "evangelion color when placed on separately sold eco straight / curved rails". What happens when you place it on those green tracks? It somehow changes the color a bit, or what? Or did they mean it would look best on green eco rails? I can't tell by just looking at the pictures...
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
The real train looks to be more blue but that may be because of the sky but even if it is the color doesn't look to be a match to the purple on the Plarail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
The color is a bit different from one photo to another, but the train is generally purple:

[Image: aL0X8L5_700bwp.webp]
[Image: aDgXzOZ_700bwp.webp]
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
As for the color rail thing, Eva Unit 01 in the newer Evangelion films is primarily purple and green like the train, so they're just saying the green track will match the Evangelion motif.  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, Super