Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2075 Replies, 1662569 Views

I really don't understand the logic in why they would combine 2 different types of toys in one set (Motorized & Pull Back) trains. If I was a buyer and was into pull back trains why would I want a train that I am not interested in and vice versa?  Trying to see the business sense in it...maybe they are planning to release a whole new line on Pull Backs that they want buyers to experience to give the line a jump start but I wouldn't see that being successful at 6600yen.

I may still want the set but only if the Jet Engine car performs some kind of animation or gimmick. Then sell off the track, station and Kenji which probably would not bring back much to off set that 6600 Dodgy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Who knows, maybe the Kenji shell will be compatible with a normal motorized 0 series Shinkansen.
[-] The following 3 users Like Collin Joe's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
The Jet Engine car is from the Marvelous Machinery Special which aired this year as part of the 24th series. When it was shown on-screen it went at ridiculously fast speeds, so I'm hoping that they at least give Thomas a faster motor to coincide with the speed shown on-screen. But judging on how it's depicted from what's been shown, it's probably just a cheap cargo piece on a flatbed with no power source or gimmick. Which is disappointing considering we had something like T-24 Thomas and the Jet Engine with a flashing light Jet Engine only like 8-9 years ago.

(12-27-2020, 07:29 PM)Collin Joe Wrote: Who knows, maybe the Kenji shell will be compatible with a normal motorized 0 series Shinkansen.

This would be ideal however I feel like they won't do this and people will have to just modify Kenji to be battery operated, presumably using a chassis from TS-21 (Shooting Star Gordon) to reduce the amount of cutting + the loco speed. If you were to do this though I'd advise buying two then just because of how insane the prices go up after something's been discontinued for over a year if you still want a pullback Kenji.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:40 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
For 6600yen I just got to hold out for that Jet engine doing something. If it doesn't, its like paying 6600yen for just one Thomas engine.

If Kenji did have an opening for an On/Off switch like Merlin did it may be even easier to swap out any of the latest motorized chassis for any Plarail as its universal I think...but the question would be 'Why' especially since there are no coaches either.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hopefully similar to how Emily, Stanley, and Hiro (and probably other new introductions I am forgetting) were all set exclusives and came with different or no rolling stock from their eventual individual release, Kenji will get an individual release as well. I had honestly figured that similar to Theo, Lexi, etc some of the new characters would only get a ringing/unpowered release but I really thought Kenji would make the cut for a Japanese audience.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
(12-27-2020, 04:42 PM)Super Wrote: I really don't understand the logic in why they would combine 2 different types of toys in one set (Motorized & Pull Back) trains. If I was a buyer and was into pull back trains why would I want a train that I am not interested in and vice versa?  Trying to see the business sense in it...

It was actually I who came up with an idea for a small line of (limited edition?) sets where each one would include a Capsule Plarail (wind up) loco, trucks/coaches and track used as narrow gauge together with Plarail for standard gauge, with new pieces that could be connected to both track systems like in the sets with roads. That would be one of the best reasons to do it, because TOMY/TrackMaster narrow gauge is oversized and it could've made the Capsule range a bit more accessible. We'll just have to see if Kenji will have a normal battery powered release like the Motorized (current name for TM2) version.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
It seems that J-23 いなかのえき, J-11 信号所 and J-12こせんきょう will be out of print.

[Image: Eq-Xe5-Vc-Vo-AYOzy-B.jpg]

Time to make a meme that only specific Plarail collectors understand:

49 years ago: This colour of いなかのえき was out of print.
Today: Eh?! J-23 いなかのえき is going to be out of print?!

[Image: Eq-Xtgr-QUUAAvl-UR.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
[Image: IMG-20201229-030923.jpg]

As incredibly disappointing as it is, there is NO gimmick to The Jet Engine Car. It's also incredibly squashed and tiny compared to its big bulky TVS Counterpart which is just slightly taller, thanks to the two smaller jets, than Thomas.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
The back of the grey car park thing in the new rail sets is a cross-over.

[Image: 10734751b4.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, violater
Think you will find it isnt a jet engine per se . It is a rocket . Already released in Trackmaster Push Along