Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2075 Replies, 1662887 Views

It seems to me that Plarail EVA & EVA-02 are looking the same (except the colour). Am I wrong? Also, the previous (violet) EVA had lights, and in the description of EVA-02 I can't find the info on that; maybe EVA-02 (which is more expensive than previous EVA) has no lights? Anyway, although I'm not into Shinkansen, this EVA (and EVA-02) are really nice models.

[Image: 41qnfWcf2ML.jpg]
[Image: fc6356573fe0a58826f99c9aa0fca473-e166502...24x670.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
That would be odd if this new release doesn't have lights. I see no mention of lights in the Amazon description either.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Yep, there will be no light gimmick for this train. I guess the reason for the price hike is inflation and probably licensing. 500 Hello Kitty Shinkansen, released in 2021, is priced 3,080 JPY with only 2-speed like this EVA-02.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thank you Hanoi 👍
  • HanoibusGamer
The original 500 series EVA released in June 2016, in its fancy box, was 3,000 JPY even then.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Me, the Evangelion fan who already bought all the other Plarail Evangelion gear - Welp, time to get my wallet out again Big Grin
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Coming in December 2022:

S-39 315 Series Chuo Main Line (replaces S-39 West Express Ginga)
[Image: image.png]

ES Series Nankai Rapi:t, Hinotori, Momotaro, "My Plarail Train" (draw on it! paint on it!, generally screw it up big time!)
[Image: image.png]  [Image: image.png]

ES Series Doctor Yellow entry set
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No, Super
Thanks Dr Chris

Am I right in remembering that the ES series is the smaller, squashed middle car one? Those tankers look different with the EF210, wonder if there are any pictures of those.
  • Mister No
If I'm not mistaken, this Dr. Yellow is the first ES set, isn't it? It looks a bit poor, like the ES series in general. Well, it seems to me that the new Plarail ES series is ... just another "series": we will have to get used to its existence, just as those who don't like AEG have to get used to the existence of such a product line in Tomy Plarail... ES series looks worse than the regular products (those middle cars!), it's full of stickers, but the company thinks it has its target customers.

In my opinion, the problem will only arise if they release some really nice new train in the ES series (I don't count this do-it-yourself-commuter train) that they won't release in the "normal" Plarail line.

I hope Tomy doesn't drain their resources too much on that new ES series, AEG, and other side product lines, because that obviously has the effect of reducing the number of "regular" products. This year, for example, there were very few regular commuter trains from Plarail...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
(10-08-2022, 10:42 PM)Mister No Wrote: this Dr. Yellow is the first ES set, isn't it?

No, the equally undesirable Plarail Entry Set E5 Series Shinkansen Hayabusa was released a couple of weeks ago (22nd September).

[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No