ERTL Sticker face thomas

9 Replies, 11755 Views

Found a ERTL sticker face Thomas at a flea market today. Anyone know what the going rate on ebay Is? Help would be appreciated. Used a matchbox for comparison on sizes
(I paid $3.50 CAD for him 3 US ish)

Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015, 12:26 AM by ROCKINATOR.)
[-] The following 3 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, The Train Kid
No idea of the going rate, but I have a similar Percy (if I recall correctly) that came with a batch of tomy gear Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
That is one of the legendarily rare Sticker Face ERTL Thomas die-cast characters.

Pricing for those can be crazy, as I've seen some bids skyrocket well into the triple digits.

In regards to starting price, browse eBay.com first and see what would be a good beginning bid prior to listing it. Finding one of these, particularly where the face is in such good condition, can lead to a somewhat literal goldmine if collectors want it that badly.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 3 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROCKINATOR, Super
Hank,
I have NO intentions on selling it. I've seen the prices on eBay, and when I seen it at the flea market with a 3.50$ price tag on it, i snagged it up as fast as I could. And I never had any ertls before my dad thought I was a nut. But afterwards I showed him some other ertls that were plastic faced and explained how this was much rarer and could be a goldmine if you wanted it to be. I was only wondering the price as I could not find one on eBay and this was the first time I Searched for him. So I was just wondering the going rate as my dad wanted to know.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
Maybe I should take better care of my Percy then, I just got him sitting on top my printer with a couple of other Ertl's that came in the job lot as I don't really collect those (yet)... Big Grin
you paid the correct price for a sticker face in that condition.
I have since wrapped up and packed away my 10 ertl metallic paint engines (the full set) I value them at around $500 or so.
I was curious as to these neat Ertls so a quick search on Ebay revealed this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERTL-Thomas-the-...1c57b18aa8
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah, they don't seem to command a great price in the UK which is why I was a bit surprised to hear they could be worth so much on eBay.com

Personally I wouldn't collect them in that condition regardless of the rarity it goes against my asthetic tastes lol Big Grin

Curiously I just found this listed (BNIP);

Sticker Face Percy BNIP £10
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2015, 07:50 PM by Nigels.)
I got a sticker face Edward nib on eBay for $10.99 a used one would be worth about 6 or 4 dollars