Vintage tomy train

12 Replies, 35299 Views

I have that red one! It doesn't operate, though, and one of the tabs on the shell has broken off.
(03-31-2014, 07:16 PM)plarailfan Wrote: They are not related to Lego, but they are, or were, intended to be compatible with Lego.
I've often wondered if Tomy had to pay any kind of patent / copyright fee or similar, to Lego.
Maybe they simply engaged in a partnership, to further promote the Lego brand by making the Tomy trains compatible with it ?

i found this pic on ebay years ago. the blurb mentions about lego and tyco building blocks.

[Image: KGrHqYOKiE2nLNY8kRBNudQSPUIQ_3.jpg]

the red diesel set from this advert is what i got started on. the thing i love about the vintage gears, is you never know whats inside! some ive opened have been plain white, others a mix of greens and some look like that vegetable pasta, lol. i love the mystery. the same stands for the big loader chassis too.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 07:31 AM by sunhuntin.)
That certainly answers the question as the official patented logo's for both Lego & Tyco are in the ad. Good find Sunhuntin. [Image: clapping-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • plarailfan, sunhuntin