Today 12:30 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 443
Glues & Epoxy---What Do You Use?
Last Post: Super
Today 12:08 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 5182
[Important] The Very TRUE Origin of Plar...
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 11:36 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 271
Showing off my collection!
Last Post: Off The Rails
Yesterday 11:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 57
Grey Track
Yesterday 11:03 PM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 303
B20 Info
Yesterday 04:48 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 128
Unrecorded Phantom Gems
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 07:03 AM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 7443
Vio's YouTube Videos
Yesterday 12:10 AM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 7375
Ultra Rare eBay score x3!!
Last Post: Tharazero1
08-12-2020 12:06 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 7712
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Last Post: Trainfanz
08-12-2020 10:11 AM
» Replies: 513
» Views: 138204
What is It?
08-12-2020 05:49 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 77
big bucks purchase... not tomy, sorry
08-12-2020 05:12 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 136

Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains
Hi everybody I am new to this forum
I just wanted to get everybody's opinion the rarest to my thomas train ever
My choice would have to go to powerful Gordon or snowplough Donald and Douglas

Please Reply
Tharazero1
Those are rare but you forgot oilver
(09-02-2015, 09:16 PM)Thenewduckthegwr engine Wrote: Those are rare but you forgot oilver
I have a tony oliver so that is checked of my list
A universal opinion from most members on here say it's these three Plarail engines: Talk 'n' Action Diesel 10, Powerful Gordon, and Gold Thomas. The latter that several people have struggled to find online at all.

Honourable mentions to the Talk 'n' Action versions of Gordon, Henry, and Toby.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • DuckGWR
(09-02-2015, 09:25 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: I have a tony oliver so that is checked of my list
No fair I have plains to get charcters like oilver the engines I need are James,oilver,Donald,Douglas,Neville,Murdoch,Spencer,diesel 10,whiff,scruff and way way more
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aresedale productions's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(09-02-2015, 10:31 PM)Thenewduckthegwr engine Wrote: No fair I have plains to get charcters like oilver the engines I need are James,oilver,Donald,Douglas,Neville,Murdoch,Spencer,diesel 10,whiff,scruff and way way more
Likewise here!
(09-02-2015, 10:31 PM)Thenewduckthegwr engine Wrote: No fair I have plains to get charcters like oilver the engines I need are James,oilver,Donald,Douglas,Neville,Murdoch,Spencer,diesel 10,whiff,scruff and way way more

Adding to your list I also have James, Douglas, Murdoch, Spencer and Diesel 10
(09-03-2015, 07:29 AM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Adding to your list I also have James, Douglas, Murdoch, Spencer and Diesel 10
Dodgy now to murder my self
Don't murder yourself Smile You have to remember that there are serious collectors here like myself who have invested thousands of dollars on our collections. You will get the trains you want one day mate.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Colinspullips, fred16850
(09-02-2015, 09:32 PM)jdogman Wrote: A universal opinion from most members on here say it's these three Plarail engines: Talk 'n' Action Diesel 10, Powerful Gordon, and Gold Thomas. The latter that several people have struggled to find online at all.

Honourable mentions to the Talk 'n' Action versions of Gordon, Henry, and Toby.

Hello everyone...please allow me to retort.
I do not believe in Gold Thomas for the following reasons:
1.I believe it is a one-off or a mod.
2. I have not seen any acompanying box to show it was sold to the general public.
If we are talking about an American speaking Talk'n Action Diesel 10, I have never seen even an image of one (let alone, and most importantly HEARD one), nor any literature, or box art...also ALL the voices for each T'nA train of each language are credited to the actual actor who provides them. NO ONE has ever been credited with providing a voice for an American speaking D10 either, so I also do not believe it exists.
NOR DOES MONTY!!
There are 2 very nice Powerful Gordon's currently listed on Japanese auctions...I have 2, as do several other members possess them...
I have only seen ONE Talk 'n Action Gordon in 6 years of hard core collecting, and there is only a box to show for one online...I have NEVER seen a T'nA Henry, and the Snow Plow set is most elusive!!
That said, the top 3 rarest trains based on TRUE rarity are:
1.T'nA Henry
2. T'nA Gordon
3.D&D Snow a Plow set
Honorable mention to ALFIE
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Ucwepn, Aresedale productions, Gerisplarail1, Tharazero1, Colinspullips, mod thana, mod thana, fred16850
what the toby that can change facial expression?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Muddy Poppins
(09-03-2015, 10:32 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: what the toby that can change facial expression?

Face changing Toby might just make the bottom of the top 10...
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Ucwepn
Would any of the TomyTrain Thomas characters make the top ten, or are those in the same boat as TOMY Oliver, the BRIO Wooden Railway items, and the ERTL paper faces- only rare in the United States?
(09-03-2015, 09:10 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Don't murder yourself Smile You have to remember that there are serious collectors here like myself who have invested thousands of dollars on our collections. You will get the trains you want one day mate.

I was being sarcastic and I am too but if all my broken engine where fixed I could probley have a lot of characters here are some that broke First we have tomy Arthur,Spencer,Percy,Gordon,James,Henry,Emily,lady now hit entertainment
Emily,Thomas,Whiff,Donald,salty,proteus,Molly,Neville and r/c Stanley finale fisher price Thomas,James x 3,Victor and cailten also I watch your channel every day
(09-03-2015, 10:04 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Hello everyone...please allow me to retort.
I do not believe in Gold Thomas for the following reasons:
1.I believe it is a one-off or a mod.
2. I have not seen any acompanying box to show it was sold to the general public.
If we are talking about an American speaking Talk'n Action Diesel 10, I have never seen even an image of one (let alone, and most importantly HEARD one), nor any literature, or box art...also ALL the voices for each T'nA train of each language are credited to the actual actor who provides them. NO ONE has ever been credited with providing a voice for an American speaking D10 either, so I also do not believe it exists.
NOR DOES MONTY!!
There are 2 very nice Powerful Gordon's currently listed on Japanese auctions...I have 2, as do several other members possess them...
I have only seen ONE Talk 'n Action Gordon in 6 years of hard core collecting, and there is only a box to show for one online...I have NEVER seen a T'nA Henry, and the Snow Plow set is most elusive!!
That said, the top 3 rarest trains based on TRUE rarity are:
1.T'nA Henry
2. T'nA Gordon
3.D&D Snow a Plow set
Honorable mention to ALFIE

I have also spent hours upon hours researching Gold Thomas, and U.S. TnA Diesel 10, for Muddy and my own personal curiosity (some of you know when a Tomy question pops up, I research it until I find the info I need) I can say I 100% believe they do not exist.

And from everything I have seen thus far Muddy's Top 3 rarest list is spot on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Muddy Poppins