Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains

279 Replies, 240505 Views

I've recently been inactive on BPT for quite a long time (over a year) and was just wondering if we could get another revamp or update to this thread just so we can all know which trains are the most rarest. Although this thread i started all so long ago is says its only related to Thomas and Friends, maybe we could see some regular japanese plarail trains (not thomas and friedns) being added or accompanying the list so we can a whole comprehensive list. Although i have been inactive i've also wanted to know if trains such as the talk n action gordon and henry are still rare, and even the donald and douglas snow plow set.

Thanks in the future for any replies and happy collecting!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Man, I forgot until looking back at the early posts on this thread that TnA Gordon and Henry used to be much harder to find...

For what it's worth about my own questions about the Yujin models, particularly Percy's rarity, I've now picked up three of them and seen a fourth for sale this summer, so I'm not sure how rare they really are, I think they're just not listed individually a lot. That's the only thing I have on the last top 12 post two pages back that I have, and I didn't pay much for any of them.

I haven't seen any of the top 7 for sale (granted, I haven't been looking for any of them specifically) but I have seen a red service window Bulgy and a TOMY Thumper set this summer

I know we discussed how expensive specifically new in box Powerful Gordon is in another thread recently
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Hi Tharazero1

Nice to have you back. We have missed you around here.

Would you like to change the name of this Thread so its more all encompassing than just ther Thomas line?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yes please if you don't mind.
Happy being back!
  • Super
What would you like to call it?
"Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains"
  • Super
I don't know if these can be considered 'The Rarest' but for US releases they are very hard to find here in the States so I assume that they are even harder to find in the rest of the world.

The Blue EMD F-Unit and...

The Red Good Western Steamer
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yes, the Blue Amtrak, I agree. Even our Japanese community had a good shock when we first knew of it. What is Red Good Western Steamer?

Do sets count? Our team's rarest one will be ちょうとっきゅうひかりごうニューセット, only manufactured for 1 year in 1970, 44500 yen.

[Image: Ebr-In-GFU8-AAp-W1-A-1.jpg][Image: Ebr-Irpm-UEAE-c-CC.jpg]

It's existence was not even known until an auction on May 2020 appeared. Not even the catalogues and the Plarail Museum recognises this set.

My grandmother has a 1973 rotary snowplough, a family treasure that would cost 107000 yen assuming from past auctions. This is what she bought at only 2200 yen at that time.
 [Image: 1111111.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Tharazero1
I was hoping you would reply with your suggestions Vio as you and your team are the Scholars of Vintage.

The Good Western can be seen in an earlier Thread of mine and elsewere here but to really appreciate it you must check out Muddy Poppins unboxing video of a new one.

Good Western Steamer

Scholars? Not yet, our research is still ongoing, still many ongoing open cases. That is where the red conductor's car came from... I see...
I don't think I have seen it before, really can't remember. When was it released? I found some past listing for it: https://debkwek.ecrater.com/p/16775891/2...-complete#
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins