Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains

279 Replies, 240479 Views

what the toby that can change facial expression?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(09-02-2015, 11:32 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: what the toby that can change facial expression?

Face changing Toby might just make the bottom of the top 10...
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Ucwepn
Would any of the TomyTrain Thomas characters make the top ten, or are those in the same boat as TOMY Oliver, the BRIO Wooden Railway items, and the ERTL paper faces- only rare in the United States?
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
(09-02-2015, 10:10 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Don't murder yourself Smile You have to remember that there are serious collectors here like myself who have invested thousands of dollars on our collections. You will get the trains you want one day mate.

I was being sarcastic and I am too but if all my broken engine where fixed I could probley have a lot of characters here are some that broke First we have tomy Arthur,Spencer,Percy,Gordon,James,Henry,Emily,lady now hit entertainment
Emily,Thomas,Whiff,Donald,salty,proteus,Molly,Neville and r/c Stanley finale fisher price Thomas,James x 3,Victor and cailten also I watch your channel every day
(09-02-2015, 11:04 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Hello everyone...please allow me to retort.
I do not believe in Gold Thomas for the following reasons:
1.I believe it is a one-off or a mod.
2. I have not seen any acompanying box to show it was sold to the general public.
If we are talking about an American speaking Talk'n Action Diesel 10, I have never seen even an image of one (let alone, and most importantly HEARD one), nor any literature, or box art...also ALL the voices for each T'nA train of each language are credited to the actual actor who provides them. NO ONE has ever been credited with providing a voice for an American speaking D10 either, so I also do not believe it exists.
NOR DOES MONTY!!
There are 2 very nice Powerful Gordon's currently listed on Japanese auctions...I have 2, as do several other members possess them...
I have only seen ONE Talk 'n Action Gordon in 6 years of hard core collecting, and there is only a box to show for one online...I have NEVER seen a T'nA Henry, and the Snow Plow set is most elusive!!
That said, the top 3 rarest trains based on TRUE rarity are:
1.T'nA Henry
2. T'nA Gordon
3.D&D Snow a Plow set
Honorable mention to ALFIE

I have also spent hours upon hours researching Gold Thomas, and U.S. TnA Diesel 10, for Muddy and my own personal curiosity (some of you know when a Tomy question pops up, I research it until I find the info I need) I can say I 100% believe they do not exist.

And from everything I have seen thus far Muddy's Top 3 rarest list is spot on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I got some more rare trains
I think the tony busy bee James is rare and the annoyed Thomas from Thomas and the freight cars set
I am no expert, but i think the tony busy bee James is rare as well, as I have one, and did not even know what it was until other day, and I have not seen one for sale often only once on ebay.

Then again I havent been looking for one, but ended up with one from that massive lot i scored not long ago
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cassino's post:
  • Tharazero1
(09-04-2015, 08:26 AM)Cassino Wrote: I am no expert, but i think the tony busy bee James is rare as well, as I have one, and did not even know what it was until other day, and I have not seen one for sale often only once on ebay.

Then again I havent been looking for one, but ended up with one from that massive lot i scored not long ago

Busy bee James is becoming very hard to find, and increasingly expensive, but with determination and money it can be found and aquired...but a true RARE train cannot be found!! Trains that are only seen a couple times a year at auction...
Also, after considering the 4 I mentioned earlier, I would rank T'nA Henry & Gordon as equally rare for these reasons:
Though I have yet to ever physically see the Henry model, there IS an image of the train and box online to view, but there is only an empty box to show for the Gordon model...AND of the D&D snowplow set, though it is rare and fetches an incredible premium, I have already seen 6 different sets come up at auction in 6 months, where as in the case for Alfie I have seen maybe 10 over the course of 6 years!!
THIS rate of frequency in availability is what truly determines RARITY.
All the money in the world can't buy something if you can't find it.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Remember a time long ago, before the Internet and Ebay? Old toys were thrown away, handed down or tossed in the attic. Sure is nice that things can found now especially things that take you back to your childhood. I remember when Ebay just started and some original PC games were going for hundreds if not thousands of dollars. You can't even give them away for a dollar now.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(09-04-2015, 04:30 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Busy bee James is becoming very hard to find, and increasingly expensive, but with determination and money it can be found and aquired...but a true RARE train cannot be found!! Trains that are only seen a couple times a year at auction...
Also, after considering the 4 I mentioned earlier, I would rank T'nA Henry & Gordon as equally rare for these reasons:
Though I have yet to ever physically see the Henry model, there IS an image of the train and box online to view, but there is only an empty box to show for the Gordon model...AND of the D&D snowplow set, though it is rare and fetches an incredible premium, I have already seen 6 different sets come up at auction in 6 months, where as in the case for Alfie I have seen maybe 10 over the course of 6 years!!
THIS rate of frequency in availability is what truly determines RARITY.
All the money in the world can't buy something if you can't find it.
My younger cousins have 4 busy bee James there parents got the oldest cousin one of them but my parents got one for him to I told him there were really rare so he asked Santa to get him one istead he gave him two one of them was used and had broken wires the other was to 5 years later the other two brake they throw them area istead of giving me them to fix because I can fix engines so yeah it happened when I was 5