Do You Recognize This F Unit???

14 Replies, 21992 Views

You all know I love the F Unit or EMD Diesel's so you can guess how happy I am to finally attain this Blue Unit recently. I have only seen it twice on Ebay in the last couple of years. Does anyone recognize it? I can't find any information on it. Is it really rare? Did it come in a certain set only or was it a promotional release? It has Tomy 1997 Made in Thailand on the bottom.

[Image: 003_zps206e24e8.jpg]

[Image: 007_zpsf7d9368b.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
It is extremely RARE my friend, hardcore collectors I know did not even know it existed until I found a pic and asked for more info. you are very lucky indeed. Could be worth over $500.

[Image: 1102390_594186783993660_1036594269_o.jpg]
[Image: wow-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Holy Smokes!!!

I thought it was a hard to find train but...WOW...I didn't know it was that rare. Many thanks Ucwepn, great info and picture. Do you know what year this set was released in. Still can't believe my eyes... [Image: cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif]
looks around 2000ish to me just by the design and color of the box etc.
Thanks Ucwepn, Resident Historian is a new title added to the list of grand titles you hold. Do you think this release was only in the USA because of the now closed down Tomy-USA.com (I think) on the box? Mmmm...it has the light gray tracks too...I like the light gray tracks. Big Grin
I did see 2 of the passenger cars being sold on ebay just a few days ago. It sold around $50.00 for both of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jboggess's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
(02-26-2014, 04:28 PM)jboggess Wrote: I did see 2 of the passenger cars being sold on ebay just a few days ago. It sold around $50.00 for both of them.

I did see those coaches on Ebay James. You may find this quite funny but as soon as they were listed I emailed the seller asking if somebody painted them blue as I never had seen coaches like those before.them. When they answered assuring me they where not painted it made me want to know more. So you can say that it was because of this listing that made my acquisition of the set I have.
That is funny. I know customizing is common on these trains like lights and more power, But is repaintig them a common thing?
(02-27-2014, 03:59 AM)jboggess Wrote: That is funny. I know customizing is common on these trains like lights and more power, But is repaintig them a common thing?

I wouldn't say very common but I have seen a few on Ebay that have been painted either to change the color or to repaint the same color and in most cases not very well done. One can never be too sure and that is why I always ask many questions when my little red flags appear in my head [Image: crazy-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: celebrating-smiley-emoticon.gif] [Image: celebrating-smiley-emoticon.gif] [Image: celebrating-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Look what the Postman just left for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brand new, in the box...just opened it up. Not only do I love the blue train but I loved adding some gray tracks to the layout. I can't believe it, just a week ago I hardly knew anything about this train and now we have two of them. My Grandson hasn't even seen the first one yet let alone two. Can't wait to surprise him. [Image: ear-to-ear-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif]

A big thanks and shout out for Ucwepn [Image: two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif]

[Image: 003_zpse1effe7e.jpg]

[Image: 005_zps5572fcec.jpg]

[Image: 002_zps10c111c2.jpg]