suns n scale tomix thomas collection COMPLETED!

46 Replies, 62687 Views

a surprise buy of henry's coaches on a local site prompted me to redo my tomix photos as the ones i had on my site were a bit cruddy and didnt showcase the items properly.

i decided to make a thread here as well, which i will add to as i can. as always, more photos can be seen on my website here: http://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/tom...iends.html

tomix thomas items are n scale, and thankfully quite a small collection. some items are hard to find and sell for high amounts. i need to find one truck, then the collection is finished.

thomas

annie face on

clarabel face on

james. james and his tender are two pieces, with the coupler having a shaped hole. the hole matches the post on james, which means when the engine is picked up, the tender wont fall off and also wont uncouple over uneven track.

james truck and van

henry. his tender is attached, unlike james, and he is much longer. sorry about the lack of track. its all out at the club for mocking up the layout.

the coach he came with, different to the other two, and again no interior.

henry's coaches. photo shows both sides. both have large windows on one side, and small windows on the other.

percy, with his 4 included face masks. since i have a spare closed van car, i pulled the top off, put some poster putty down and put the faces there to keep them safe. the top fits on just like normal. means they wont get lost or damaged.

the included post car is the same as the one sold on its own.

van, scruffey and percys spare mail car.

trucks and tankers. the truck with the logs came with thomas in a track set, along with another truck that had stones. subsequent research has shown the wrong truck has the logs here. it should be a wide face.

station

watermill

windmill front on. the sails turn freely, and there is no way of powering them without destroying the piece.

my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 08:42 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 11 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • , anc6802, fred16850, Gerisplarail1, jdogman, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92
Nice photos Sunhuntin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Great, are these in N scale? They look really detailed, I particularly like the mail carriage,
tramp, yes n scale. [will edit the first post to reflect that.] they are just gorgeous and run really well. thomas can pull everything shown without any issues, even on fairly steep uphills.
james needs help, but i think he hasnt had much use and needs running in. i put thomas on the back and they look quite good that way.

i like the mail car too. that was another good buy, not even listed as tomix, just n scale thomas.

these are the coaches i won. $20 each, a jolly good buy. i will likely put some temporary xmas decos on them when the time comes. should look good running behind james. they were listed as "tomax"
[Image: tomixx2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 10:08 PM by sunhuntin.)
Good find then, it goes to show you need to watch out for mislabelled items too! They are lovely little trains, I have s thing for N gauge anyway, but they look like they got the detail/proportions spot on, Do they make these new any more or are they old? Did they come as stand alone models ore do they come in sets with some track?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • sunhuntin
they are reasonably old, not sure exactly how old but maybe 10 years or less? they were shortlived as they didnt sell well at the time.

thomas can come as stand alone with his coaches, and he also came in two track sets, one with A+C and one with two trucks [the one above with the logs is from that set. i dont have the other] percy came stand alone with a mail car or in a track set. percy also comes with several face masks of different expressions.

james was sold with two trucks and henry comes with a coach.

all the rest were stand alones. one fuel tanker came with a truck, the mail car was solo, scruffey and the van came together and also A+C could be bought as a pair without thomas. i think henry's coaches came as a pair.

------

the windup capsule range is n scale, and one clever duck on youtube has taken capsule rolling stock and mounted them on tomix chassis to bring variety.
(09-19-2015, 10:44 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: the windup capsule range is n scale, and one clever duck on youtube has taken capsule rolling stock and mounted them on tomix chassis to bring variety.

Really? I would like to see that.
this is one. he has done others and has heaps of new ones since i last looked.

[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Thanks, that guy does some remarkable work. Capsules and even with die-cast trains, buses, trams or trucks. I do like what he did with the Disney Western River Railway and the Disney Sea Electric trams making one of a kind "N" scale trains. Even created a neat Marion from a Capsule too. I have seen some of this fellows videos as I remember the trains on the turntable and the modified Tomy tunnel he did for his "N" gauge trains. Thanks for the link as I am having fun looking at all he has done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
henry's coaches arrived today. lucky i have spares as one coupler on each has lost a spring. photo shows both sides, and there is no interior detailing. quite pleased with them for $20 each

[Image: P1000730.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super