HOTWHEELS RAILROAD

6 Replies, 6905 Views

Does any member in this board owns a hotwheel railroad engine or a rolling stock? If yes, does it run on tomy/trackmaster tracks?
Leyland, what do these trains look like. We have a train that I didn't know was Hotwheels until I just saw this video.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
measurements from wheel to wheel please Super! Also ground clearance! Smile
I will get it out and take a look, stay tuned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
there is another type as well. It is not motorize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-M6z1qlGLw
If you are asking about the motorized one then the short answer is, No, they won't fit on the Tomy Track. I don't have any Trackmaster to test on but I am assuming that the answer would be the same. The wheel flange on the Hotwheel bogey/truck is the same width as the inner rail of the Tomy track so the wheels sit perfectly on top of the inner rail. Even if the wheels were wide enough to sit down on the flats the Hotwheel bogey/truck is built up in the middle allowing for very little clearance between it and the rail so it would not pass over any Tomy track connections. They probably do this so there is less of a chance for derailment. Further, even if the Hotwheels did fit the Tomy track I am not so sure they would move a train as the wheels are cast metal with no rubber for traction. Let me know if this helps or you need more info or pictures.

Become a Member to View these Pictures:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Thanks Super!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super