Trackmaster Flip Face Gordon, Prototype?

25 Replies, 44672 Views

likely a lot of money too.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Does anyone know what boxes the flip face Gordon would of been on?
it would have more than likely came in a set like Thomas, Toby & James. What the set would have been is unknown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(10-20-2015, 05:49 AM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Does anyone know what boxes the flip face Gordon would of been on?

Nearly every TrackMaster (HiT Toy Company) set or destination released in the US. There would be the same recurring graphics on the sides saying, "Start with any set, add another destination, add more engines, coaches, trucks, and cargo". In fact, here's a image of it: [Image: latest?cb=20150529055138]
The layout in the bottom image also featured a level crossing that took some time to get made. The UK boxes by Tomy replace this image with the James, Percy, and Toby three car packs.

In the first edition of the 2007 Fun Guide, Flip-Face Gordon can be seen on the front cover at the then yet to be released Knapford Station.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 01:21 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Do you have a picture of the fun guide?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2018, 01:12 PM by Super.)
The Toby also looks like a prototype, as it looks very different to the final Flip Face Toby, which at least existed.
(10-20-2015, 07:32 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Do you have a picture of the fun guide?
No, there's no great image I can find of the first Fun Guide, and even so, you can only see a little bit of Gordon I believe.
man i miss you guys. you all touch on such wonderful topics.
here is a topic that i can share.
there is! a flip-face changing percy. ive seen it several times. although not for several years.
the cue is the "PINK BARREL CARGO"
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor379's post:
  • Tharazero1
i have no idea why pink though. always wondered that. last time i saw it for sale was in canada. always wondered if motor road and rail had a hand in it?
does anyone have any info on this?