tomix track plan

45 Replies, 55000 Views

been a while since i updated this. along with whats shown, ive also added some "flower" material around the sides and back of the station and edges of the pond.

i had to lift and reposition the bottom curve to fit the buffer on the siding. also meant i had to repaint part of the grey. as soon as i find my green, it will be blended back in.
[Image: P1030427.jpg]

view from the rear. i need to fill in the edges of the wharf where cranky is, but been putting it off since i mixed the color some and will be lucky to get it the same.
[Image: P1030428.jpg]

and a close up of the newly populated duck pond at the water wheel.
[Image: P1030433.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016, 08:04 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, ripley802, Super
I really like seeing your evolution of this project Sun. Its looking good and I love the duck pond and water wheel [Image: double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That is very cool. Great work.
Hi Sun, good looking start there for sure Smile

You might want to have a look at this link; A japanese layout story

Forgetting the element of the B train shorty (Bandai n gauge range) it has some great ideas and insights such as using elevation to great effect as well as reasons not to have track running parallel to the board edge etc... Using some of this guys techniques its amazing what you can pack into a small space Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
thanks, nigels. hes built a great layout. mine is designed to be more basic, hence the simple track and lack of loops etc. i wanted something i can set running and largely forget about. the only thing i might look into is some kind of fencing tacked around the outside to prevent anything from falling or being knocked off the sides.

its going to be stored at the clubrooms, so needs to be able to slot into a corner without worrying about bits being damaged, which is another reason why theres nothing terribly exciting and also why all the buildings etc can be removed.
Gotcha and under those circumstances I can fully understand the decisions Smile

I don't know what you are doing for buildings, but Tomy make a great range of N gauge buildings and even some incredibly realistic model cars - I just today received a box of the cars among my latest red cross parcel from Japan Smile I have to admit they are even better than I hoped they would be, incredible level of detail and would you believe even the wheels rotate - I wouldn't have thought that possible on something only a few mm long lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin
for buildings, im using the 3 tomix thomas ones released [station, water wheel and windmill] and then any others are likely to be from the capsule range, which is where the airport is from. i might get the ice cream factory and a couple of others. need to populate with more characters first, and then fill in with buildings.

will check out your thread shortly and see what the cars look like. mine wont have many, just a couple on one of the front corners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
I'll post some pics of the cars later, I didn't get round to posting any pics of anything yesterday as it was more like a red cross hamper than a red cross parcel (would you believe 17.5kg lol!!) that's what you get for buying 'job lots' when you're only after a single but rare item in the lot Smile

Mind you found some nice things in one of the job lots I never noticed as was blinded by the item I wanted, for example one of the Konami 'digi-trains', complete set, train, controller and track. Used, but looks almost new. Interesting set as the train is IR controlled Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, sunhuntin, Super
no updated photo yet, but! IT LIVES!

thanks to our master repairman paul, the track took power tonight and ran a club loco for the first time ever. paul was able to put a step down convertor on the original tomix controller for me, which was great.

so, so happy to have made it work after all these years. taken a long time.
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels, Super
[Image: bravo-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin