New train,

4 Replies, 7328 Views

New train!

[Image: CD65F061-E39E-42DD-9C27-B86666E9BD7F_zpstd9n4wfs.jpg]

[Image: 4474FDF2-CCFD-46A8-84FE-09D45C1CE4F0_zpsrim8y6oj.jpg]

Not very exciting for everyone else, but it is for me! it's the old James which takes a 'c' battery, I'm going to give it the same treatment as gorden, new smokebox door, I'm unsure if I should 3v it or not? It runs quite well as it is,
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014, 08:29 PM by Tramp.)
Great find Tramp was it Ebay?. Is this like the first generation James? Is the "C" battery housed in the tender like your Gorden? Looks like he could use a little more detailing on his boiler unless I can't see any with the washed out color. He is red isn't he? Look forward to the mod.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Nice buy! I am going to do a detailed version of this James too, I did a 2012 one and I don't like the shape very much hehe Can't wait to see what you do with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • BlueTraxAndBrownTrax2
Yeah it was from eBay, I've fancied doing another 'steamie' for a while. Your right he is very red and without much detailing, he has the boiler side bars and boiler straps cast into it but not coloured at a all, I've orders a smokebox door, his boiler is a little smaller than gordons so I've ordered a 'class D 0-4-0' door, to be honest it seems to run quite well, and is reasonably fast (and much quiter than Gordon was although I think they have the same drive unit) i really like the shape of James, it feels more proportional than Gordon who has a squished cab, I'll post updates as I go along, thanks
It seems that the UK has a lot of sellers that sell smokebox doors and maybe other accessories. The only batch I bought came from your neck of the woods Tramp.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]