Age and value of this ERTL Thomas + Annie & Clarabel?

3 Replies, 8783 Views

I've suddenly realised that this Thomas from my childhood is an ERTL, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell when it is from and whether it holds much value in it's current condition? (Photos at the end of this post)

Obviously the 1985 on the bottom was wrong, and I was born in 1985 and I recall getting this when I was "too old" for Thomas but still had found a second wind of enthusiasm for it. So it's definitely from the 90s, but I couldn't say when.

I notice that the eyebrows are different to all the photos of ERTL Thomas I've seen? Different year?

Crazy priced eBay auctions might suggest it's worth a little, but this video suggests otherwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgq13Ob1e2Y.

Hopefully those of you who collect these will have a better idea than I do Smile

[Image: IMG_4910_zpsiel0mt3n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4911_zpsdli1yebl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4914_zpseucwchnu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4923_zpsrdxphdfv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4917_zpst43cnh6r.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4920_zpszuml4gxf.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4921_zpsbkq2jpw6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4912_zps2teorep6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4913_zpsurlmbkl5.jpg]
It's a later Thomas (if it was the early paper face version would be worth more) still has most of it's paint, I would say $8-$12 for the thomas and $5-$8 for each of the coaches.
(11-18-2015, 09:16 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: It's a later Thomas (if it was the early paper face version would be worth more) still has most of it's paint, I would say $8-$12 for the thomas and $5-$8 for each of the coaches.

Thanks! What currency are you talking about? USD or AUD?
(11-18-2015, 10:19 AM)CapnPolo Wrote: Thanks! What currency are you talking about? USD or AUD?

AUD.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.