Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 524678 Views

Great work super, you can really appreciate the details you put into your models in this video, it's great to see all the mods together in the same place,
Thank you very much Tramp. While filming these I have made a list of projects to add, improve or redo parts of these mods like metal buffers or clear coats. Some were my firsts and I have attained a bit better process in modifications since I did those. One thing for sure is that I don't ever think I will do a slide presentation like Part 3 again. I could have done three videos in the time and effort it took me to create and make that. Then while making the presentation I realized that somehow my camera was set to 4:3 resolution format instead of the widescreen 16:9 and I wasn't about to to it all over again....ARRRRRRGH!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Haha, slideshows do take a long time, when I did my Spencer video it took ages. I noticed the metal buffers on your conrail loco, they were really good & looked just the part! I must say I like all your locos, but hard boiled and conrail really look the part, you can tell a lot of time and effort has gone into them, I also like your porter the defacement really sits well on him. Unfortunately, I know you've done a lot of work with Luke but I don't really like him - it's nothing you've done, I just don't like the skewed proportions of the original engine, and even though the defacement is good I just really dislike how the cab is so squat, every time i see a Luke all I can see is how (I think) it doesn't look right!!! Great work on the videos, what's the next mod?
Thanks Tramp, ConRail and Hard Boiled were my latest. Hard Boiled was also my first all Airbrushed model where he ConRail and CSX also received airbrushed satin clear coats. I have not always liked how clear coating has turned out and I am still experimenting with different products. I may have to move out of the water based acrylics for the clear coats as something should turn out better than what I have achieved so far. Still will be staying with the water based Vallejo Air Acrylic paints as they don't need thinning and are not toxic.

I agree with you about Luke (CSX), I would have never modded him if it weren't for my Grandson wanting him but without a face. It was hard to find a boiler door small enough for Luke and if you look closely you can see it is still a tad too big around.

Next mod? Well I do want to try my hand at weathering some rolling stock, some Diesels and Steam engines. I also have a new Stafford thats been sitting around here for a year or so that I want to do a complete custom redo of. And I have all the materials I need for creating an overtrack and hanging Monorail stations. However, I wanted to finish these 3 videos and for now, since spring has just started here, I want to get outside and do some landscaping and such to take a break from the long winter and train working.
I created a "REMAKE" of The Loaded Gun because the owners of one of the music cuts have now banned the video in over 242 country's including my own USA. Originally the song was only banned in a couple of country's but it seems they have gotten a little more aggressive of late as i have noticed that they have also banned a few other YouTube Videos that I had watched to discover this song. I certainly don't begrudge them the right to their talents but its a bummer because its the first cut and when I search for music I try to have a basic theme and try to meld the other tracks to the first. It is an awesome tune as they are masters of their own style and I am sad that I can't use it. Searched high and low for something to fit the rhythm and fit the time. The new track just feels odd to me now that I have heard the original so many times. The original video is our most popular and is still there for those who are not blocked. This one is for those who haven't see it yet and I hope they like it when they do.

Below the Remake video below is the Official video of the track that caused the blocking and I removed, I do love it and their work... Rodrigo y Gabriela- "Hanuman"

Here's a "magical" idea for a non-rail custom. If you happen to have two Bulgys, you could cut the second level from one and glue it on top of the other (creating three levels). Then, paint the whole thing a dark shade of violet, deface it, and you'd get a Knight Bus! Do not let it run under risers, though.

I even envisioned it to see how it would look (with and without the face):

[Image: tomykn10.jpg]

[Image: tomykn11.jpg]

Optional: Henry with Spencer's coaches for the Hogwarts Express, and a modified Caroline (motorised version) for the Ford Anglia, with that transparent blue road from the Jeremy set to simulate flight.
You always have some great ideas I am surprised you aren't making your own customs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That's because I only know they would be good choices based on pictures of them, as I never had any of the items I mentioned above besides a single Spencer coach and the Airport set that had the clear blue "sky" road.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Our latest video starts to show the slow process of dismantling the layout. Its been over 3 years in its present location in one form or another. Will step up the videos during the process as I would like slowly make changes and redevelop the layout through all this rather than just removing the whole thing in one day. I do look forward to starting anew as its the design, planning and building that I enjoy the most and the future layout will not be on the floor. I am anxious for the day when we can sit in a chair next to the layout and watch the trains at eye level rather than always looking down on them. I broke this up into 2 videos as I like to keep them shorter than 9 minutes so they don't become monotonous.

Railfanning in Caiden Town Part 1 of 2

[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, ripley802, Thomasengineandjames67
Box it up and I will send you our address Angel
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]