Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 527595 Views

You Deserve a Break Today

Is this not the most recognizable sign in the world? No matter what you think of the food, everyone has heard of McDonalds including the folks in Caiden Town. Here we have the worlds first McDonalds Drive Thru for trains open 24 hours.

All lighting was taken care of with LED, self stick strips (nine lights each) using a 9 volt battery with switch located on the train platform under the big sign. All wiring is completely hidden including the 9 volt batter holder under the platform. Original Japanese stickers removed and replaced with many new stickers and decals relating to restaurants and food.. Like most McDonalds this one is very busy and if you look closely you can see the Ice Cream Lady selling goodies from her McDonald cart. I have 2 other of the tall McDonald signs and I am going to experiment with installing an LED light inside of it in hopes that it will light up. I am not so sure the red plastic is translucent enough though. I think it turned out well. Grandson has not seen the finished product with lighting as he is on vacation this week. Hope he likes it, how about you guys?

Would you like to "Super Size" your order?

[Image: 100_zps48b42234.jpg]

[Image: 101_zpsd787db54.jpg]

[Image: 102_zps4287d2cb.jpg]

[Image: 103_zpsb8890c72.jpg]

[Image: 300_zps8073c008.jpg]

[Image: 200_zps75b222be.jpg]

[Image: 201_zpse682a68a.jpg]

[Image: 202_zpsdc35ed7d.jpg]

[Image: 203_zps35b104dc.jpg]

[Image: 301_zpscb5d0f2d.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, jdogman, sunhuntin, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
wonderful! The slogan here is "I'm loving it!"
(07-14-2014, 09:02 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: wonderful! The slogan here is "I'm loving it!"

As it is here my friend... "You deserve a break" today was a long ago slogan of McDonalds along with "Two All Beef Patties, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles Onions on a Sesame Seed Bun" as it was down under. Maybe this one also aired down your way You deserve a break today

[Image: 1011_zpsce2a832b.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, thehsvdude
how much, and where do i send the cheque to? this is incredible.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • thehsvdude
(07-15-2014, 08:57 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: how much, and where do i send the cheque to? this is incredible.

Send a cheque for just looking?....Kewl! Cool

Thanks Sunhuntin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
Wow my goodness, nice work with the lights. So cool to see one of these up close, too bad nothing like that exists now, although you can see why it couldn't work well with today!
LOL...you mean a Train Drive Thru at McDonalds? How about a sack of McDonalds Hamburgers hanging on the mail pole and a hook grabs them as the train zooms by like the old days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lVSC4jt2R8

We have had this station for over a year and loved it ever since we saw it on Ebay but we always wondered why they made it with the cut out on the back. This didn't come in a set with other parts that I know of as this one is sold alone. However there is one similar to this as I think Gerisplarail has one with a pedestrian overpass built on one side. Just could never could figure out why as it looked bad...never figured it out until today that is. While studying my pictures above it dawned on me that the shape of that cut out might just be the same as the awning on the many station platforms that Tomy makes...and....sure enough...it does. See pictures below. Hurray!!! There is peace in my life again!

[Image: 000_zps81d441d0.jpg]

[Image: 001_zpsad9b2221.jpg]

[Image: 006_zps113258fc.jpg]

[Image: 007_zps35a49015.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • sunhuntin, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
It is surely a great design!
Thanks Ucwepn

Don't ya just love the bigger Avatars? Is that a really rare gold Thomas?
I like the bigger avatars for sure, just one of many changes that will come along the way! its not too rare its an ertl 60th anniversary of the RWS edition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super