Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 524767 Views

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine Coach!

Scored a second Yellow Coach.

Purists Look Away!!! I have swapped out the white couplings and grey wheels for black ones...I think it looks better, makes the yellow pop. (I think I need a new camera)

[Image: DSCN0520.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • drew5195, Finno, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Nigels
For those of you who aren't familiar with this Rare Coach, there is a Thread about it when I noticed the first one I procured 2 years ago.

Rare Yellow Coach
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Thanks to member Therealblack I was turned on to this Hornby OO Scale Goods Shed. This is the same mold as T-Reals shed but there are several different versions with different paint details and a couple have cupulas on the roof instead of skylights.

I am quite surprised how big this is as I thought that )) Scale was just a bit bigger than HO. The size of this is perfect, IMO, to the PlaKids as you can see in the pictures. As T-Real has told us the opening just fits a Plarail train and track with little room to spare on the sides. No issues on the height of the opening. Everything just snaps together, no glue necessary except for the 3 rear window glazing and one front one. The skylight and awning glazing does not need glueing as they slide in and are held in place by ridges. I have some things on order to accessorize and give this building a purpose. I will add a few photos when that is complete.

If it weren't for the size of the train opening this reminds me more of a S or O scale building. I am going to have to snoop around other OO Scale Hornby buildings to see how they look with the Plarails.

What do you think?

[Image: DSCN0586.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0599.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0603.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0605.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0609.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0612.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Mister No, Tharazero1, Therealblack64YT
The size looks fine to me but I suppose you could always shim it with a foundation made of styrene strips, wood or even foamcore. British loading gauge was notoriously narrow until the later 20th century and model railroad buildings are deliberately compressed in many cases, so it seems about normal to my eyes.

Watching rail fan videos, even in the eastern US will often have you wondering how train crews keep the gloss on the paint with some of the tight clearances they navigate.
It’s great! Perfect size to retain layout continuity. Love it ❤️
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
I think it looks great, fits the Plakids fit in their nicely but most important of all, the shed is almost a perfect size and that beautiful B20 looks amazing in the shed Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Where did you get this station from? It looks like こうげんの駅!

[Image: DSCN0612.jpg][Image: h194437144-1.jpg][Image: h194437144-2.jpg]
@Muddy, @Thara, @OTR
Thanks

@OTR
No 'Shims' needed as the height of the opening is plenty

@Vio
That would be a 'Customized Union Pacific Station' of the original that came in the Thomas the Tank Engine Fan & Stanley Set released in 2009 (See picture below)

My second attempt at a 'Customized Station' was the Caidentown Amtrak Station which was originally the J-06 Enoden Station. Both those can be seen here... (scroll down to Post #30)
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread...=14&page=2 

[Image: 10095457a2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
That explains it. Thanks! I never knew the station design was also in Thomas theme.
I saw that Polar Express, that is from the movie isn't it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Yes, that is my version of the Movie Train, The Polar Express. Using a spare Hiro was an experiment way back then and although I think he turned out ok, there were better choices for the engine. I have already garnered all the engines, parts, materials and ideas in my head that I need to construct a re-make of the engine and tender but the Coaches would stay the same.

[Image: 010-zps9f2916ea.jpg]

[Image: 013-zpsdc4fcf27.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Off The Rails, Tharazero1, violater