Latest Purchases

47 Replies, 63580 Views

(12-28-2015, 05:01 AM)Trainfanz Wrote: Christmas is over. Santa delivered the E6 Super Komachi set!

Very nice, although the station feels and looks a lot more cheaply made than my other two stations...

Congrats, I don't know if you've heard, but apparently Tomy have cancelled the entire advance range Sad So if there's anything you want to get I'd suggest you move sooner rather than later, I know I intend to make sure I got everything I need/want Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, mod thana, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1
Only get what you need.

Big Grin

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
(08-03-2017, 11:14 AM)plarnold Wrote: Only get what you need.

Big Grin

-plarnold

You should tell AC that mate lol!! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, ripley802, Super
(08-03-2017, 11:14 AM)plarnold Wrote: Get ALL you need.

Big Grin

-plarnold

Angel
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
(08-03-2017, 11:56 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: Angel

And some spares just in case anything breaks!!!!! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Seriously bad news, especially as I've recently got back into Advance after a long break. This is the state of the collection as of last week.

The Shinkansens:

And the Japan gauge ones:

Three more arrivals today (will post a photo when I have one) and some more track on the way from Japan.
[-] The following 5 users Like Cloudman's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Super, WoodWheel92
(08-07-2017, 06:08 PM)Cloudman Wrote: Seriously bad news, especially as I've recently got back into Advance after a long break. This is the state of the collection as of last week.

The Shinkansens:

And the Japan gauge ones:

Three more arrivals today (will post a photo when I have one) and some more track on the way from Japan.

A nice collection there, almost a full set by the look of things. Have you got any of the fancy stations etc...? I wouldn't mind betting as they are a fairly recent release and have been now cancelled apart from being on clearance are potentially going to become very collectible in the not so distant future Smile
Great looking collection Cloudman. Do you have a Layout set up?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(08-07-2017, 08:00 PM)Nigels Wrote: A nice collection there, almost a full set by the look of things. Have you got any of the fancy stations etc...? I wouldn't mind betting as they are a fairly recent release and have been now cancelled apart from being on clearance are potentially going to become very collectible in the not so distant future Smile

No, no fancy stations, and some way short of a full set. No steam locos or 700 series Shinkansens (Apart from the Doctor Yellow). Only three of the numerous colour variants of the modern commuter units. Also more Shinkansens and the maglev. Others, too, no doubt. Still, I've got most of the ones I want. Which prompts two questions.

1. Is there a definitive complete list somewhere of the Advance trains issued?

2. Is there confirmation that Takara Tomy has pulled the plug? Advance still appears on their official website.

(08-08-2017, 01:19 AM)Super Wrote: Great looking collection Cloudman. Do you have a Layout set up?

Thanks, Super. Yes there's a layout. This is the latest photo I have.

It's still just loosely laid. I've since put in some grass mat to replace the grey cloth and am psyching myself up to take it all apart and fix it down properly. There's a terminus (no buildings yet) on the right hand extension and provision for a future extension to the left to give me a rolling stock depot, which will mean I can get more trains in and out of service in an operating session without needing the Great Hand in The Sky. Lots more trees to go in. One or two more buildings needed, though I don't want to overcrowd it. And I need to re-pin the sky backscenes the right way round!
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 06:19 PM by Cloudman.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Cloudman's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, ripley802, Super
Maybe the 2 page list over at Hobby Search can help you with the released Advance Trains. I don't know if its all of them but maybe most. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/2565/0/1

I am not into the Advance line but I must say I like how your Layout is starting. Is that a modified short piece of blue track with ballast in the foreground? You have the new style curves, do they really correct the problems that the Advance trains had slowing down on the regular curves? Looks like you need to be looking for regular straights in grey instead of blue. I could never figure out why Plarail didn't release grey expansion track packs for the Advance Line and I really can't figure out why they released those 1" sloped rails in blue when they were specifically released for the Advanced line. Even though they can be used with the regular size Plarail layouts (I use several of them) they were specifically released for the Advance trains because they learned later that the trains would not work well on the regular 17.5" sloped Plarail straits. The set even comes with the grey risers specifically made for the Advance trains because the regular Plarail risers could not be used so why not make the track grey also, I don't get that. Oh Geese...I turned this into a rant...sorry.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]